Form Check for High Bar Back Squat

Disco

Tougher on the internet
@Blue
Reaction score
Damn New Year Resolutions!

My gym has exploded at the moment and I couldn't use a single thing last night, squat rack, chin up bar, bench, etc...

So I moved to our Olly room and did some lighter squats (no spotter) but figured it would be a good time to get a form check. From the side and the front.

Both are 5x85kg

(note this is on a slight angle as I had it resting on a plastic chair)

Last edited:
The only thing I see is a little bit of knee wobble. Work on pushing the knees out, or think pushing the feet out / spreading the floor with your feet, if that helps. But it doesn't look like much weight for you. Next form check, put more weight on the bar.

Looks good, but more weight.

Also, could probably work on your walk out (minor) and not shift around between reps as much.

Might be just me, but I see a bit of hula action going? Can't be sure unless its a bit heavier.

Might be just me, but I see a bit of hula action going? Can't be sure unless its a bit heavier.

I thought I might of saw some too, but at this weight if there is any, it might just be slight asymmetry from slightly different length legs or something. I'd say that if it doesn't get more apparent with more weight, it isn't an issue.

Thanks guys, yes I was having trouble feeling comfortable, not sure why.

Will go heavier next time.

What is hula action?

What is hula action?

Your hips shifting laterally during the squat. It's not uncommon, and if it's very minor even during hard reps, I wouldn't worry about. I'll do it myself, if I'm fatigued enough, and I've been slacking off on unilateral assistance work.

Your hips shifting laterally during the squat. It's not uncommon, and if it's very minor even during hard reps, I wouldn't worry about. I'll do it myself, if I'm fatigued enough, and I've been slacking off on unilateral assistance work.

Right, so I know I understand we are talking about one side rising faster than another, causing the hips to become uneven?

(If so I noticed that too during my second set)

Thanks

You kind of look like you're twerkin on the dude behind you in the first video lol.

Back