Forgotten wars

mmmjojo

Tapped in 1.3 secs
@Brown
Reaction score
Condit vs Miura

tumblr_mqvgvv2Iik1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Even though it was Condit's 3rd title defense, this fight really made me a fan of TNBK. I can just remember no matter what Condit threw at Miura, he always made it look it easy to Judo toss Condit. But eventually the punishment became too much leading to the stoppage in the 4th. While Condit showed all the skills he posessed in the fight, Miura had heart to keep dishing back as much as he could.

Sanchez vs Parisyan

UFCFightNight6-KaroParisyanXDiegoSanchez-Rd3-tooth-slomo400-sg.gif

Another fight with great Judo displayed. These 2 guys were both considered top 10 WWs at the time and the put on a great back and forth battle. Eventually Sanchez' pace was able to get him the win as Parisyan began to slow as the fight progressed. But Parisyan's Judo was a thing of beauty in those days. THAT TOOTH THO!

Guida vs Griffin

tyson-griffin_clay-guida.gif

One of my all-time favorite fights. 2 new guys to the UFC, both wrestlers with not much of anything else but they put a fight with every aspect of MMA involved. Back and forth on the feet, sub attempts followed by sub escapes, and 2 head spikes by Griffin. One on himself, the other on Guida while Guida had him in a RNC. The image I remember the most though is when Guida was going for the knee bar and Griffin just sat up and was wailing hard shots into Guida's ribs. And the look on Guida's face straining to finish the knee bar was one I'll never forget.

So many forgotten great fights over the years, but too many to list. Feel free to add.

Bonnar vs Soszynski II - fantastic slug fest. Eventhough it ended at the midpoint of round 2, it definitely qualifies as a war.

Sanchez vs Parisyan is one of my top 3 mma fights of all time.

Aleks vs Sergei, people would go gaga for that fight if it happened today.

Huerta vs Garcia.

Anybody that wanted Leonard cut is a WWE noob, that fight was a masterpiece, for me the best straight brawl of all time.

Also Huerta vs Guida. Don't sleep on Roger's old UFC fights either.

Nate Quarry vs Tim Credeur

2rqk0o8.gif

Cerrone vs Razor Rob

I loved that Condit fight and used to be so hyped about Carlos' fights. Not to make it a Diaz thread but he made a huge dent in his reputation.

Sam stout vs spencer fisher 2, their first fight was good too, Marcus Davis vs paul Taylor was a sick fight

Paul Taylor vs Paul Kelly

Roger Huerta vs Clay Guida

Akop Stepanyan vs Justin Wilcox

Spencer Fisher vs Sam Stout 1 & 2

Dennis Siver vs Charles Rosa (complete MMA fight that had everything, one of my favorite fights of 2014)

Scott Smith vs Benji Radach

Paul Taylor vs Chris Lytle

Tyson Griffin vs Frankie Edgar

Yoshiro Maeda vs Miguel Torres

Paul Taylor vs Paul Kelly

Roger Huerta vs Clay Guida

Akop Stepanyan vs Justin Wilcox

Spencer Fisher vs Sam Stout 1 & 2

Dennis Siver vs Charles Rosa (complete MMA fight that had everything, one of my favorite fights of 2014)

Scott Smith vs Benji Radach

Paul Taylor vs Chris Lytle

Tyson Griffin vs Frankie Edgar

Yoshiro Maeda vs Miguel Torres

Great av Cotto is the man

Back