Forget "ONLINE BLUEBETLS", I'm Gonna Be an ONLINE GRACIE SURVIVAL TACTICS INTRSTURCTOR

tenor.gif

Holy shit shameless.

iu

They're getting ready to cash in on Biden/Harris LEO arrest re training.
iu

Our tax dollars going into the Gracie empire!

iu

iu

In fairness, most of the Gracies aren't like this. I mean they're always business people which is fine but the online blue belt stuff is ridiculous.

I should have precised the ronion sons ;) They will be always cursed by their infamous blue belt online graduation (especially this online blue belt graduate who was boasting on the social network he succeeded his blue belt test and showing his mail sent blue belt and diploma <45>)

bruh I'm still waiting to pay $299.99 for six months all-access to your library of nano-nucleonic anti-cage kenmura secret street tactical kootenay combat zhoozheezhoo.

hell, i'll pay $499.99 if i can get one of those signed limited-edition Alucard flannel gis that are totally not a pair of pajamas with a patch ironed on....

Is anyone else distracted by the way Rener and Ryron's arms rest perfectly at 180 degrees?

The fun part about "real life survival" is that BJJ is a good skill but the way Gracies show how to implement in real life threats is just nonsense and even elevates the threat. You basically get shown how to be kicked to the curb.

You want "real life". Do a stand up ma and work on your socializing skills and running form. Voila 99% of situations avoided. NEVER go to the ground. Simply never. Faster reaction time in general a stand up MA gives you also helps a lot. Situational Awareness.

Man Gracies are kind of fun. Will always remember Renzos survival seminar were he took a guys gun by flopping on his back with him. <Lmaoo>

HOLY SHIT, YOU'RE RIGHT! There was something "perturbing"/"off-putting", but I couldn't quite figure it out!
I can't tell if you're mocking me...

In all seriousness, my wife makes fun of me because I can't extend my arms past about 160 degrees.

The hucksterism of Rener and Ryron is off-putting to me, and to most grapplers/BJJers in the know. Any online certification stuff associated with martial arts makes me immediately suspicious.

But.. that said, it seems this course is meant to spread grappling knowledge and experience among law enforcement organizations, and that is a good thing.

Last edited:
By the way, whenever I see Rener and Ryron now, I can't help but think about their drama with Rorion. They pushed their own father out of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.

It's ironic how the guy who tried to control the brand the most is now shut out.

By the way, whenever I see Rener and Ryron now, I can't help but think about their drama with Rorion. They pushed their own father out of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.

It's ironic how the guy who tried to control the brand the most is now shut out.

Tell me more.

Tell me more.
I also would like to know too. I’ve always like Rener and Ryron. People like talking smack about them but they seem like good people. I actually have their combative dvd and they do a great job explaning things. I don’t agree with the whole online blue belt thing and I believe they stopped that. At least this isn’t that. They have self defense classes taught at Rec centers that are much worse than this though, so I’m not as critical about stuff like this as I used to be.

Tell me more.

This all went down about three years ago. Pretty common knowledge in L.A. jiu-jitsu circles.

Notice that Rener and Ryron only rep Gracie University now? No more Gracie Academy.

This is because Gracie Academy is Rorion's trademark. Gracie University is only owned by Rener and Ryron. No dad.

Basically, all the business growth of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu over the past 10-15 years has been Rener and Ryron's doing.

Right or wrong, the online instruction, the merchandising, the social media presence, the brand promotion - That has all been the sons. Especially Rener.

But there was no clear timeline for succession. Rorion as owner was taking in all the money while his sons did all the work. He was barely at the Academy.

So in 2017, Rener and Ryron gave Rorion their ultimatum: They were opening a new location. Nearby, but bigger and nicer. They were starting their own brand, Gracie University. The students would follow them.

Rorion could come with them - not as owner, but in a salaried position. Or he could try to stick it out at the old Gracie Academy by himself.

Rorion is a prideful man. He did not want to be under his sons. He refused their offer. He would go it alone.

Gracie Academy closed down forever a few months after Rener and Ryron left.

Last edited:
There were so many side-eyes in the community when all this was going on, that the brothers did a video with Rorion to try to quash the whispers, make it seem like it was a harmless change of location rather than a major change in ownership.

Top secret! Very disingenuous

The real story, just look at Rorion's IG. Notice how there is no Rener or Ryron. No mention of Gracie University.

Look at the Gracie University stuff. Notice how there is no Rorion anywhere.

Rorion is on the outside looking in. He was pushed out of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu by his own sons.

Back