Forget "ONLINE BLUEBETLS", I'm Gonna Be an ONLINE GRACIE SURVIVAL TACTICS INTRSTURCTOR

Basically, all the business growth of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu over the past 10-15 years has been Rener and Ryron's doing.

Right or wrong, the online instruction, the merchandising, the social media presence, the brand promotion - That has all been the sons. Especially Rener.

But there was no clear timeline for succession. Rorion as owner was taking in all the money while his sons did all the work. He was barely at the Academy.

So in 2017, Rener and Ryron gave Rorion their ultimatum: They were opening a new location. Nearby, but bigger and nicer. They were starting their own brand, Gracie University. The students would follow them.

Rorion could come with them - not as owner, but in a salaried position. Or he could try to stick it out at the old Gracie Academy by himself.

Rorion is a prideful man. He did not want to be under his sons. He refused their offer. He would go it alone.

Gracie Academy closed down forever a few months after Rener and Ryron left.

Damn, that’s a messed up situation but I do get it though. The sons have to make a living. They should have given rorion a minority share of ownership and can be a tie breaker if rener and ryron has a disagreement.

If not, they should have at least opened their academy further away and not take all the students with them.

Basically, all the business growth of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu over the past 10-15 years has been Rener and Ryron's doing.

Right or wrong, the online instruction, the merchandising, the social media presence, the brand promotion - That has all been the sons. Especially Rener.

But there was no clear timeline for succession. Rorion as owner was taking in all the money while his sons did all the work. He was barely at the Academy.

So in 2017, Rener and Ryron gave Rorion their ultimatum: They were opening a new location. Nearby, but bigger and nicer. They were starting their own brand, Gracie University. The students would follow them.

Rorion could come with them - not as owner, but in a salaried position. Or he could try to stick it out at the old Gracie Academy by himself.

Rorion is a prideful man. He did not want to be under his sons. He refused their offer. He would go it alone.

Gracie Academy closed down forever a few months after Rener and Ryron left.
Stories like this make me think that maybe there is a God. A perfect ending to Rorion's life.

There were so many side-eyes in the community when all this was going on, that the brothers did a video with Rorion to try to quash the whispers, make it seem like it was a harmless change of location rather than a major change in ownership.

Top secret! Very disingenuous

The real story, just look at Rorion's IG. Notice how there is no Rener or Ryron. No mention of Gracie University.

Look at the Gracie University stuff. Notice how there is no Rorion anywhere.

Rorion is on the outside looking in. He was pushed out of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu by his own sons.

I see I guess another scumbag move from Gracies. Man.

but thanks for the update, didn't know this.

Back