Forget Floyd vs Tenshin, how about Goochi!!!

Honestly Caldwell looked almost as big vs Horiguchi as Floyd did vs Tenshin.

He wanted nothing from Gooch on the feet and that was such a slick guillotine!

Looking forward to Horiguchi getting that Bellator belt next!
He wasn't really get beaten badly on the feet, and frankly had Gucci dead to rights with that armlock. Gucci bailing from the cage saved him. Fair play, I like Gucci and he fought like a champion. I expect Darrion to dominate him if they fight in a cage in America.

Why would they rematch in Bellator... Seems dumb to me. I heard what the commentators said about the rematch clause, but... idk, this match up was already insane given the size/reach/weight difference, but somehow Horiguchi was able to pull off the W. I'd rather see both fighters move on, personally. Caldwell should defend his title in Bellator, and I want to see them bring in a UFC flyweight/bantamweight vet for Horiguchi to fight in RIZIN, or another top Bellator bantamweight.

He wasn't really get beaten badly on the feet, and frankly had Gucci dead to rights with that armlock. Gucci bailing from the cage saved him. Fair play, I like Gucci and he fought like a champion. I expect Darrion to dominate him if they fight in a cage in America.

lol @ the passive aggressive jab at Horiguchi, as if he dived out of the ring to escape a submission attempt..... Clearly not what happened, if you actually watched the fight. Caldwell actually was the one who went through the ropes, for whatever reason. I guess he wasn't used to fighting in a ring, but he literally put the entire upper half of his body through the ropes, and then fell through the ropes attempting the kimura. lol. Nice try though.

I dont know why people think the cage doesnt help Horiguchi
The cage fence is a solid surface to wall-walk on, it aids the man getting up, also the round shape means its harder for Horiguchi to be cornered
Caldwell if he cant get a submission when they're both dry will tire himself out keeping a hold of Horiguchi and get finished again late imo

lol @ the passive aggressive jab at Horiguchi, as if he dived out of the ring to escape a submission attempt..... Clearly not what happened, if you actually watched the fight. Caldwell actually was the one who went through the ropes, for whatever reason. I guess he wasn't used to fighting in a ring, but he literally put the entire upper half of his body through the ropes, and then fell through the ropes attempting the kimura. lol. Nice try though.
There was nothing passive about it. I think home court advantage and a short camp for Darrion won Guch this fight. Obviously he had to stay in their composed and do his thing, but I think it was flukey and I don't think he can do it again. If the Bellator rematch happens we're gonna find out if I'm right.

All Caldwell did was hug. What a talent!
He almost tapped Guch in the first minute. Clearly he didn't get a full camp and wasn't used to the environment or rules. Darrion is still a considerable talent who can ragdog the majority of fighters at 135.

He almost tapped Guch in the first minute. Clearly he didn't get a full camp and wasn't used to the environment or rules. Darrion is still a considerable talent who can ragdog the majority of fighters at 135.

I think Caldwell finishes Horiguchi on the ground with strikes in a cage.

This is coming from a Horiguchi fan.

I had Horiguchi winning the second round due to being the only one landing strikes (even though Caldwell had better position). I feel like the deeper it goes the better chance Horiguchi has.

This is some really pathetic justification for how Horiguchi won the fight lmao... He "almost tapped him" ... Congratulations. Why don't you throw a parade for him?
Excuses, then calling it a fluke lol
This was a TERRIBLE MATCH UP stylistically for Horiguchi, plus the... tbh, absurd and borderline unfair size/reach difference.

So sure, if it happens again in Bellator, Caldwell can win the fight... Definitely. Don't act like you're some god if it does happen and Caldwell wins, like "I told you so"... No one's saying Caldwell can't win, especially in Bellator/a cage and given what I already said about the match up/size difference.

But discrediting Horiguchi and making excuses for Caldwell is beyond lame.
Horiguchi had more to overcome in this fight than Caldwell, and he did. And he'll have more to overcome if they fight again. Nothing won Horiguchi this fight besides himself. Stop making bs excuses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back