• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Forehead punches are fight ending. Is it a new offensive weapon (Chandler vs. Bendo)?

A few weeks back there was controversy over a late stoppage by Herb Dean. What was overlooked in that fight was the actual strike that KO'd Jai Hebert. It was a punch to the forehead.

NextUnselfishAntbear-size_restricted.gif

Chris Weidman was stopped by Jacare with a forehead punch as well.

WiQJ04J.gif

Yes Chandler did knock Bendo down with a straight left. But Bendo was still conscious. It was the followup forehead punch that faceplanted him out cold.

giphy.gif

Are we going to see more forehead punches?

Weili punched Joanna’s forhead 1000 times

Makes sense. That shot would rattle your brain, more so than the jaw. The behind the ear has that same jello effect on the brain.
no, it doesnt, forehead is the thickest part of your skull lol. as someone else said, this needs a whole lot of power to work. most often forehead punches = broken hands

A few weeks back there was controversy over a late stoppage by Herb Dean. What was overlooked in that fight was the actual strike that KO'd Jai Hebert. It was a punch to the forehead.

WiQJ04J.gif

Yes Chandler did knock Bendo down with a straight left. But Bendo was still conscious. It was the followup forehead punch that faceplanted him out cold.

giphy.gif

unless u have stupid power, thats not gonna rock them and it is going to most likely break your hand. any boxer will tell you that

Did Trinaldo or Jacare break their hands? No doubt hitting the hardest part of the head must hurt but it seems to get the job done.
God damn you are dumb as shit. Just because it has worked does not mean its a good idea to throw forehead punches. No one actually aims for the forehead

I'll go down on a broad a 'fore she gives me head.

Is that what forehead punching means?

Last edited:
Forehead is the last part of the head you want to hit. But better than not hitting at all and can obviously still put someone out.

Reminds of that old movie, gladiator. Not the one with Russel crowe, but the boxing one with Brian dennehy if I'm not mistaken. "Forehead is the hardest part of the head" or some shit

WiQJ04J.gif

giphy.gif

Bendo looked like the top of the head

Wilder KO'd Ortiz with one of the most brain-damaging punches ever seen which was a forehead punch.

really seems to muck with your equilibrium.

weidman and that dude trinaldo finished fell hilariously after taking the shot to the forehead.

Check it OP, I think Weidman got knocked out be a breeze in that gif

the Henderson punch was on the top of the head and the Herbert punch looked on the forehead but all these other punches look like they're on the temple.

i don't know about the Herbert punch, but the Henderson punch he was already compromised from the punch earlier, the 2nd punch was basically the same as this:
62cc4b9b20c80584-600x338.gif

Back