forearms

ALI79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
any of you guys recommend good grip and forearms exercises that i can do at the end of my lifting routine? i wanna have huge iron forearms!
thanks guys

CoC grippers for good grip...otherwise you could do buy tons of other stuff for workout out forearms...you could also get a heavy dumbell and do wrist rolls...not the best, but works if you dont have funds to get something...

grippers
thickbar deadlifts - or wrap a towel around a regular bar - never use straps
farmer's walks
levering
bending
wrist rollers
rolling thunder
plate pinches
plate curls
towel chins/pull ups
rope climbing

- most people respond well to high frequency training grip training

- and remember - if you want something to grow - you have to eat!!!

here's what I reccomend: go get some blockweights to play with and a sledgehammer to lever. you're done for 6 weeks. come back and we'll talk bending and thickbar work.

my favorite forearm stuff:
wrist rolling
static holds with HEAVY dbs. bbs
farmers walks,
heavy hammer curls
grip work
revrse curls with e-z curl bar
weighrd pullups
deadlifts

there is a shit load

and try reading the you have pussy hands thread. there's a lot already out there on this subject search around a bit. And buy a copy of Brookfield's "Mastery Of Hand Strength"

Urban said:
here's what I reccomend: go get some blockweights to play with and a sledgehammer to lever. you're done for 6 weeks. come back and we'll talk bending and thickbar work.

Urban, I need a tidbit of your boundless knowledge. I have an olympic bar where the collars broke off and the part where they go into the bar broke off inside and it can never be a Olympic bar, again, so its a 7 foot, 35 lb metal pole, nothing more. Will slamming that thing down on a tire in my backyard increase my forearm strength? I slammed it into the ground where there was grass, and that thing shocked my hands all crazy like, it was awesome. So tell me Urban, can I get better grip strength by grabbing the end of a 7 foot pole, lifting it above my head and slamming it down into a tire?

if there's a change you are wearing gloves and or liftings straps stop right now

This thread feels a bit bodybuildish to me, but meh, at least we're talking forearms.
I tried lots of different stuff. The two best exercises that helped me put beef on my hands and forearms are

1) COCs

2) Load one end of a barbell, put the other end in a corner, step over the barbell (should be between your legs) pinch the plates on the loaded end and row away. Single best exercise to assist pinch strength IMO. Hell, I don't know why I ever stopped doing this. Gotta put it back in my grip work. My pinch sucks right now.

Urban..have you been laid of late?
I know this chick that can swallow a banana whole and has the face of an angel.

Dominic Kihlstrand said:
So tell me Urban, can I get better grip strength by grabbing the end of a 7 foot pole, lifting it above my head and slamming it down into a tire?
the answer is yes, but not better than a sledge and I wouldn't call this kind of training grip training (unless you're using a thickhandled sledge, in which case you're damn studly).

Foulsmeller said:
Urban..have you been laid of late?
I know this chick that can swallow a banana whole and has the face of an angel.
not in a couple weeks. ummm... where are you again? Fuck that, where is SHE?

My preference would have to be Towel Pullups at the end of a workout.. the movement is jsut so rewarding in that its a hardass strain the whole way.
Q to Urban - How much of the lats are actually recruited in towel pullups? Is it predominantly forearms?
Im gonna get back into my strength routine and towel pullups will definitely be a part of it since I would strong forearms/grip for BJJ.

Back