Forbes: Mayweather has made more money than Kobe,Lebron,Shaq,Beckam,Federer,Michelso

Yeah...I give PBF a year...maybe 2 before he pulls a MC Hammer and flushes all of his money down the toilet.

Peyton and the colts are working on a new contract right now. He is going to be the highest paid player in the nfl by the start of the season. New England and Tom Brady are working on a deal too, so he will get a ridiculous contract as well.

sucks that NFL players are paid the least amount of money in sports when its the most watched sport in america.

though less games = less revenue = less pay. but makes me sad shitty unathletic baseball players make more than football players do =[

sucks that NFL players are paid the least amount of money in sports when its the most watched sport in america.

though less games = less revenue = less pay. but makes me sad shitty unathletic baseball players make more than football players do =[

The NFL makes the most money out of any league, The problem guys get hurt too often and if contracts were guaranteed and large the league would go bankrupt.

You should relate it to UFC in some fashion, so then it becomes relevant to UFC discussion and fighter payouts.

Like for instance, UFC PPVs sell numbers similar to boxing PPVs, even exceeding them sometimes.
UFC generated maybe 43 million gross for Rampage/Rashad, but total fighter payout between all of them is maybe 10% or less. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. Like Carwin getting 40 thousand for the Main event in the UFC's recent "Biggest Fight in UFC History."

Relate it to UFC in some manner, otherwise they'll just delete the thread or move it to the boxing forum.
Say the point is MMA fighters need to form A Fighters Union to stand up for their rights and not get ripped off, that'll cover it.
gotcha.. i think i figured out a way..thanks

UFC org. is not sustainable. Eventually, you'll have more fighter like Lesnar who command 7 figure paydays and there is no way a single organization holding cream of the crop fighters can pay. If... And I say IF the sport of MMA grows exponentially as it is now, UFC will cease to exist within 10-15 years. Contract bids, promotional companies will be the way to go... But the problem is, how viable is it to invest and risk on MMA fighters. Doesn't matter how good you are, there are too many variables in MMA to account for and a very good fighter can lose to a mediocre fighter on any given night.

Quite a precarious position...

Less games and more players.

Back