For what substance did Shields get busted for?

20070803191647.jpg

I got no source.

Don't be a sourpuss.

haha, well I'd genuinely like to know.. but I really doubt it was something as innocent as weed or else he'd have come out and said it

^^^^^^^^^^^

That's interesting, but sounds like bullshit to me if that's what he said. Don't see why he UFC happily blab about everyone else but wouldn't want Shields' reason to come out

Our only source is a post on some forum claiming to be Jake's friend. He said Jake smoked with Nate Diaz too soon before the fight.

That's interesting, but sounds like bullshit to me if that's what he said. Don't see why he UFC happily blab about everyone else but wouldn't want Shields' reason to come out

I would believe that he had signed it with commission.... And then UFC would rather honor it as well.

Of course, would love to see some source about it anyway.

Fight was at 185 and after the positive test Shields immediately drops down to 170 but never says what he tested positive for.

I really don't think it was weed, personally.

shields said he signed a non-disclosure agreement. he said he wants to reveal what the substance was, but isnt allowed to.

clear as mud.

source:

Shields announced that he'd tested positive for a banned substance in Denver. The commission in Colorado changed the result of the Herman bout to a no-contest, fined him $5,675, and suspended him for six months. According to Shields' current representatives at Paradigm Sports Management, the terms of a settlement with the Colorado commission include a nondisclosure agreement, which prohibits him from even disclosing which banned substance he tested positive for.

"I definitely want to talk about that," Shields said. "I mean, I wasn't shooting steroids in my ass or anything. I can tell you that. It was a mistake I made, a misunderstanding, and I think you can tell from the six-month suspension rather than a year that they realized it wasn't something I did on purpose."

Was the commission, not the UFC.

I wonder as well. Everyone who said pot is doing exactly what Shields is hoping for. That is the conclusion that is most "Innocent" as nobody realistically sees that as cheating. Weed is against the rules but no one thinks a fighter on weed has an advantage in a fight. Signing a "Non-Disclosure" agreement makes no sense as that only protects the guilty party and isn't a two way protection.

I would have to assume some type of PED. The fight was at MW so I don't think it was a drug to help with the weight cut. I would guess a Steroid for recovery from injury/training. Either way he cheated.

Back