For what substance did Shields get busted for?

................................V8 juicing, no meat intake is a no no. :icon_lol: j/k

I can't remember what it was, but he didn't get busted I thought, he admitted to it. Strange.

I think it was neevr confirmed what it was most say it was for weed especially since he got only a 6month ban but who knows

I wonder as well. Everyone who said pot is doing exactly what Shields is hoping for. That is the conclusion that is most "Innocent" as nobody realistically sees that as cheating. Weed is against the rules but no one thinks a fighter on weed has an advantage in a fight. Signing a "Non-Disclosure" agreement makes no sense as that only protects the guilty party and isn't a two way protection.

I would have to assume some type of PED. The fight was at MW so I don't think it was a drug to help with the weight cut. I would guess a Steroid for recovery from injury/training. Either way he cheated.

I don't even believe in this non-disclosure thing. I don't see how that even makes sense that the CO SAC would require it to be signed. The reason they can't release the results is because of medical privacy laws in the state that prevents them from doing so, those laws shouldn't prevent an individual from releasing their own medicals though.

it was not weed. my guess is it was some sort of over the counter substance or supplement.
for what ever reason people want to think it was some sort of late night Nintendo session with nick and nate diaz. but ceasar has come out and said this was not the case.

That's interesting, but sounds like bullshit to me if that's what he said. Don't see why he UFC happily blab about everyone else but wouldn't want Shields' reason to come out

It's not the UFC, it's the state commissions. Colorado doesn't release that information due to state laws. Pennsylvania is another that doesn't release that type of info (which is why there was so much confusion over the Nate Marquardt incident).

I find it hard to believe that Shields isn't allowed to say what he tested positive for, though.

Our only source is a post on some forum claiming to be Jake's friend. He said Jake smoked with Nate Diaz too soon before the fight.

and actually if you look it up, the poster is the same guy that started the false report that kimo died a few years back. He is a known troll on the UG, and that's his claim to fame.
im not making this up...lol

Acapulco gold.

nick%20diaz%20weed.jpg

source:

Shields announced that he'd tested positive for a banned substance in Denver. The commission in Colorado changed the result of the Herman bout to a no-contest, fined him $5,675, and suspended him for six months. According to Shields' current representatives at Paradigm Sports Management, the terms of a settlement with the Colorado commission include a nondisclosure agreement, which prohibits him from even disclosing which banned substance he tested positive for.

"I definitely want to talk about that," Shields said. "I mean, I wasn't shooting steroids in my ass or anything. I can tell you that. It was a mistake I made, a misunderstanding, and I think you can tell from the six-month suspension rather than a year that they realized it wasn't something I did on purpose."

It's not the UFC, it's the state commissions. Colorado doesn't release that information due to state laws. Pennsylvania is another that doesn't release that type of info (which is why there was so much confusion over the Nate Marquardt incident).

I find it hard to believe that Shields isn't allowed to say what he tested positive for, though.

Interdasting, thanks.

I don't even believe in this non-disclosure thing. I don't see how that even makes sense that the CO SAC would require it to be signed. The reason they can't release the results is because of medical privacy laws in the state that prevents them from doing so, those laws shouldn't prevent an individual from releasing their own medicals though.

+1. PR representatives lie about facts all of the time to make their clients look better. It just seems...convenient that Shields wants to talk about what he was taking, but isn't allowed.

I'm trying to see if other fighters tested positive for banned substances after UFC 150, UFC 135, Vera v Jones and Florian v Lauzon.

and actually if you look it up, the poster is the same guy that started the false report that kimo died a few years back. He is a known troll on the UG, and that's his claim to fame.
im not making this up...lol

Thanks, good to know. I'll stop spreading false information.

I understand why the commission couldn't tell because of medical confidentiality but it doesn't make sense why he couldn't tell; but states pass some really weird laws.

The rumor is that is was a weight cutting drug/diuretic. Shields has looked horribly drained at WW and it makes sense he would need some extra help to get down.

Much-needed lulz from this thread. Thanks, gang

Back