For those who think Weidman wins the rematch .......

GEMMAYUI

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
No chance! Before engaging Weidman in that dance of disrespect (or, as Silva continues to call it, strategy), Silva had already started thwarting the takedown and timing his strikes. Weidman will be embarrassingly exposed in the rematch.

"No chance" is being thrown out a lot here on sherdog.

Weidman will toy with Anderson this time around .. you can quote me on this.

But if he does, noooo way he wins the third match.

not to mention the fourth. weidman winning that? no way.

Weidman via sub, it will be good.

by the time he knocked Anderson unconscious he was already winning the fight.

Can't wait to see the great shape he will be in after not having a drastic surgery and 1 year layoff.

I actually think the second fight will cement the end of Andy's reign. First one looked like a fluke in a way, second fight Weidman's win will be methodical and fully decisive.

I expect Andy to retire after the fight is done, unless GSP has said he wants to fight him by then.

No chance! Before engaging Weidman in that dance of disrespect (or, as Silva continues to call it, strategy), Silva had already started thwarting the takedown and timing his strikes. Weidman will be embarrassingly exposed in the rematch.

no i think your trolling abilities have been embarrassingly exposed.

You cannot point to any 1 moment of the fight and say Anderson was winning.
He did nothing but clown and land a couple of decent low kicks.

You cannot point to any 1 moment of the fight and say Anderson was winning.
He did nothing but clown and land a couple of decent low kicks.

You could say the same in the Bonnar fight till he knocked him out,or the sonnen fight till he knocked him out,Anderson was doing what he wanted in the weidman fight,made a mistake went to far in his antics pretending to be hurt etc.

I Think weidman is a good fighter but i dont think he will retain the belt,he won but didnt impress me in doing it,he didnt win on his own merits,Anderson lost cause he took it to far.

You could say the same in the Bonnar fight till he knocked him out,or the sonnen fight till he knocked him out,Anderson was doing what he wanted in the weidman fight,made a mistake went to far in his antics pretending to be hurt etc.

I Think weidman is a good fighter but i dont think he will retain the belt,he won but didnt impress me in doing it,he didnt win on his own merits,Anderson lost cause he took it to far.

No, against Bonnar he completely neutralized any and all offense Stephan threw at him for the entirety of the fight until the finish. Anderson wasn't winning, but Bonnar wasn't either and that's the distinction between that fight and the Weidman fight.

Anderson was amounting no offense and did everything in his power to prevent Chris from wanting to take him down again because he knew that he was out of his depth when it came to ground fighting. If what Anderson "wanted" to do was to clown around, get steadily outstruck and not really do anything of note, then sure, he was doing what he "wanted" to do. Doesn't mean he was winning.

Anderson lost for a variety of reasons and to chalk it up to him simply clowning too much and that's that is fanboyism at it's finest. Chris did what nobody else could in the face of a clowning Silva and that was keep his composure, pick his shots, and punish him. Which is exactly what happened.

iblYK8ELYyX67V.gif

Anderson+Silva+Pretends+Not+to+Get+Hurt+-+UFC+162.gif

That stuff is bullcrap. The only way to win a high-level fight is to capitalize on your opponent's mistakes. Weidman did, he won fair and square.

If anything, history ought to teach you there's something about Weidman that frightens Anderson and makes him act silly to try to distract him. I can't think of a reason why that won't be even worse for him in the next fight.

Of course you can never count Andy out completely, but I give him a very slight chance in the rematch. Weidman by sub. Andy won't clown this time, so he won't get KO'd, but he'll get taken down and choked.

obvious troll, please nobody fall for it and take him seriously

Can we temporarily postpone the "weidman got lucky and andy will smash" threads til say a month before the rematch?

Same with the " I told you Anderson would lose", the "Weidman is clearly the real GOAT" and the "first win doesn't count if he loses rematch" shit.

Its just troll bait, we all know it. No matter what side of the fence you sit on with these guys its got to be starting to get old.

Please trolls, its Saturday. Let's all enjoy the Jones/Gus fight together in harmony, and say end of November, jump out from under the bridge and pick this fight again.

Exposed? What are you talking about. This thread is stupid as hell, even if Anderson does win you gave no insight whatsoever.

Weidman is high level in every area and isn't being exposed anywhere, he can get KO'd by Silva like anyone else in the world but this wouldn't reveal something about him we haven't seen.

weidman was gassing early in the second round, hard to imagine he can win the rematch.

toying = effectively doing nothing with some riddum and a smile?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back