For those who think Weidman wins the rematch .......

Silva was simply an arrogant douche that got ktfo for trolling in the Octogon. That being said, despite Weidman being an incredibly talented fighter I agree that Anderson was starting to get his timing.Unfortunately for him, he clearly misinterpret the distance. A hungry AS is a scary proposition for anyone. Weidman nuthuggers and toldyouso fanboys need to come back to earth.Anderson Silva is MW goat and with his talent, anything is possible. Anderson Silva by hunger

There's nothing like being KTFO to gain focus. Anderson will be fired up and raring to go but he isn't getting any younger and fighters that rely on speed and agility the way he does suffer the most from slowing down with age. My instincts say Anderson comes in much more professional and puts on a clinic, but Weidman is no flash in the pan lucky puncher he's a very good fighter and even if he does lose is still a future star of the division.

Anybody who says any fighter has no chance is a moron.

Nothing can be more embarrassing than the way silva lost. Utter humiliation.

Weidman will maul him (again) on the ground this time, and finish him there.

when you get dominated like silva did, and then to say ya weidman has no chance you are clearly swinging to tight on andersons nuts.
theres certain cases where a fighter A will lose and you cud say if he fought fighter B again Fighter A would definetely win, this is not one of those.
the only fight i can remember right now that i would have said that the loser of the fight would definetely win the rematch would be fedor vs werdum.

Can we temporarily postpone the "weidman got lucky and andy will smash" threads til say a month before the rematch?

Same with the " I told you Anderson would lose", the "Weidman is clearly the real GOAT" and the "first win doesn't count if he loses rematch" shit.

Its just troll bait, we all know it. No matter what side of the fence you sit on with these guys its got to be starting to get old.

Please trolls, its Saturday. Let's all enjoy the Jones/Gus fight together in harmony, and say end of November, jump out from under the bridge and pick this fight again.

well said

I'm a Silva fan, and I just don't get how anybody can convince themselves that Weidman isn't a really tough matchup for Silva. He's a very capable striker, especially defensively as Silva could land nothing to the head, excellent wrestler and grappler. Kid has ZERO fear of Anderson, even letting Anderson hit him a couple of times just to show Silva he couldn't hurt him.

Anderson was able to easily stuff the takedowns in rd 2 because his hands were down. You can see how we'll that worked out for him.

Thanks TS. I was on the fence about who would win the rematch but, after your expert analysis, it's clear.

They shouldn't even bother fighting since there is "no chance".

That stuff is bullcrap. The only way to win a high-level fight is to capitalize on your opponent's mistakes. Weidman did, he won fair and square.

If anything, history ought to teach you there's something about Weidman that frightens Anderson and makes him act silly to try to distract him. I can't think of a reason why that won't be even worse for him in the next fight.

Of course you can never count Andy out completely, but I give him a very slight chance in the rematch. Weidman by sub. Andy won't clown this time, so he won't get KO'd, but he'll get taken down and choked.

AS did what he always does. He just lost.

As an Anderson fan, the reason why I think it's hard to envision him winning the fight is because in the first fight, he wasn't timing anything. Not only was he getting hit, he barely even hit Weidman. Weidman knew not to just stand there and was evading Andy's shots.

First, TS don't ever place bets on fights. Because you are clueless.

Second, there's always a chance. The KO may have been lucky for Weidman, but he was looking dangerous in the first round anyway. Now he has a mental edge on top of that, and will be more confident. Silva's chin is no longer seen as iron, nor does he look invincible on the feet any more. For all these reasons and more, Weidman has a better than 50% chance.

weidman was gassing early in the second round, hard to imagine he can win the rematch.

He was gassing big time. he's gonna lose this belt so fast that he won't even remember what it feels like to have it on him. I'm not sure if Andy is going to be the one. There's a bunch of guys who will most likely do the job. Vitor, Jacare, Machida and etc. Andy clowned bad, Weidman capitalized it, tagged him, this is how it works, that was no lucky shot. Weidman is going down as fast as a ferrari tho, mark my words.

Back