Relationship For those Champagne connoisseurs on here, what's a good Champagne to drink?

Do you drink champagne?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Want to get a decent champagne, not too pricey for New Years. So for those Sherdog champagne experts, any suggestions?

271766776_3151317368437278_7001238550522377298_n.png

Champagne is a designation of origin (appelation controllée) for sparkling white wines coming from the region of Champagne, in France. Champagne is associated with sparkling wines because it's where it was (accidentally) invented. However, you can get sparkling wine from literally any region in the world, it just won't have the champagne designation. Producers in Champagne know they can overcharge you for their wine because they have "brand name" power. In terms of bang for your buck, you're going to get much better value not going for the champagne designation since it comes with a premium. Look up candidates on vivino.com to figure out which ones are good.

I prefer red wine I get a better buzz from it like a shiraz and cabernet sauvignon. Both of these are 12 to 13 percent and alot better than any champagne. Wine makes me happy hard liquor makes me mean and violent so I stick to wine these days................debating going out to get some rum to go with these for new years eve tho.
So drink well this weekend brothers and dont end up in jail or fall down any stairso_O

red with red meat, white with white meat

edit - sorry, thought this was about wine

Long-time wine drinker here. I live in NorCal, am in half a dozen wine clubs, have wine toured around Europe, including in the Champagne region, etc. I’m knowledgeable but not a sommelier or anything.

Broad advice: Drink what you like. No one size fits all. While everyone nuts in their pants over Dom, Moet, and Veuve (three different price points of popular ones), I think there are many more fun options available at much better price points.

One big thing: don’t limit yourself to champagne. Try all sparkling wine. Champagne will limit your options and be more expensive.

First thing’s first, go to some sparkling wine tastings. They will save you money and expedite your learning process. Figure out if you like dry, sweet, semi-sweet, etc. Then figure out what regions you prefer. That’s already more than half the battle.

Once you’ve done that, also know that there are plenty of cheaper starters out there to start you off like cava, Prosecco, and sparkling whites from places like Croatia, Georgia, etc. I tend to like naturals these days because there is more nuance…and because of global warming, regions of the UK are also starting to produce amazing sparkling wines at much more wallet-friendly prices.

TL/DR
Drink sparkling wine, not just champagne
Go to some wine tastings to inform yourself
Crush vagina

Just buy the cheapest crap. You only need it to make one toast on new year's, and as soon as that's done you can drink something you actually like. Like whiskey.
I use whiskey to toast with. I’ll bring out a really good whiskey for that, but whiskey > champagne imo, for all occasions.
Well, maybe not for christening a boat, I ain’t breaking a bottle of whiskey for that.

TL/DR
Drink sparkling wine, not just champagne
Go to some wine tastings to inform yourself
Crush vagina
Dude, ain’t that the truth (the wine tastings/crush vagina part).

I’m in a committed relationship, so no rando vagina crushing for me. But if I was single and wanted to pick up chicks, I’d skip the bar and hit up wine tastings instead. Those things are swarming with hot chicks.

Dude, ain’t that the truth (the wine tastings/crush vagina part).

I’m in a committed relationship, so no rando vagina crushing for me. But if I was single and wanted to pick up chicks, I’d skip the bar and hit up wine tastings instead. Those things are swarming with hot chicks.
Correct! Once we got into our late 20’s, my friends and I would clean up at wine bars, (non-stuffy) tasting rooms, and paint and drink events. The girls are usually less skanky but still want to have a good time.

Back