For the people making excuses for the poor boxing defense in MMA

I'm reality a lot of stand up fights in recent years have been largely punches moreso than kicks and knees

its the threat of such. 1 clean HK is the end of your night. same with TD's. it might not be the end of the night but it might change the game and put you on the losing end.

Boxing is one thing, fighting is another.

2h6hsea.jpg

Pretty good response.

Lol @ everyone repeating joe rogan verbatim like it was the gospel truth

We don't need to spark a doobie with Rogan to know that there is more to defend against in MMA than there is in boxing. It's just simple logic and math really..

look at how gsp changed the game with a simple jab

Also no.

Zahabi is the best coach in the world, and he's right that jabs can be an effective tool. But for one, the jabs that Zahabi uses are so much are different than boxing jabs. Two, those jabs don't really do fuck. At all. At all.

When a guy has to be ready to land and defend takedowns, leg kicks, etc, the tricks he learned for defending the punches a boxer throws don't do dick for him. Look at how St. Pierre/Hendricks, Aldo/Mendes II, Jones/Gustaffson, Machida/Romero, MacDonald/Lawler, countless others. Being a rangy striker with a good jab and distance control can't get you anywhere if the other guy has a full set of tools.

We don't need to spark a doobie with Rogan to know that there is more to defend against in MMA than there is in boxing. It's just simple logic and math really..
You can throw hundreds of punches per round. Similarly, you can do an aggressive shoot maybe 10 times max before it becomes laboured and ineffective, all from the outside too.

We'll look back at this time and laugh, just like how Royce Gracie was considered the baddest man on earth.

You can throw hundreds of punches per round. Similarly, you can do an aggressive shoot maybe 10 times max before it becomes laboured and ineffective, all from the outside too.

We'll look back at this time and laugh, just like how Royce Gracie was considered the baddest man on earth.

When I say that there is more to defend against in MMA than in boxing, I'm not talking about volume. What I'm saying is that there are more offensive and defensive positions available in MMA than in boxing. Your own example of takedowns and volume punching just proves it. You don't need to be in a defensive position to defend an aggressive shot in boxing, which is why the defensive position exists in MMA and not in boxing.

I'm not entirely sure what Gracie has to do with anything, but as long as fighters continue to expand and improve there will always be a badder man on the planet as time goes on.

please consult a boxing dictionary. You might as well throw up a picture of the showtime kick

Thai clinch knees are a pretty good answer for traditional boxing head movement in MMA.

I dont see where your arguement is going, bro.

Maybe you should tell them. They probably just don't know about it yet TS

This all day.

How good was Marciano's TDD?

This is a stupid cop out.

How bout just realizing that MMA fighters still have more work to do with their boxing? That's it.

You going to tell me that all those other defense should negate one protecting his face from punches?

Only a basement dweller would speak such foolishness.

This is so fucking stupid, watch his fights and then imagine that his opponents could throw step-in knees and head kicks.

Lol No one would hit him with a head kick or step-in knee while he is blasting you in the pocket.

When I say that there is more to defend against in MMA than in boxing, I'm not talking about volume. What I'm saying is that there are more offensive and defensive positions available in MMA than in boxing. Your own example of takedowns and volume punching just proves it. You don't need to be in a defensive position to defend an aggressive shot in boxing, which is why the defensive position exists in MMA and not in boxing.

I'm not entirely sure what Gracie has to do with anything, but as long as fighters continue to expand and improve there will always be a badder man on the planet as time goes on.

It is still a cop out excuse to the fact that some MMA fighters simply need better training in boxing.

You see some MMA fighters with superior boxing skills over others. Boxing is one of the hardest styles to master.

But what happened between Rory McDonald and Robbie Lawler would not had happened if both had better boxing defense.

The thing is "Just Bleed" fans want to see faces getting smashed in and blood everywhere so of course they will shit on boxing defense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back