For the first time in my life I'm wondering if the UFC fixes fights

If you had to wait for that fight to suspect that some shady shit is going on, bro....

It’s incredibly naive to think that the UFC doesn’t have a favourite who they want to win, and will give every advantage possible to.

They make more from Jones winning than some unknown IT guy winning. Same goes for all the established stars really.

At the end of the fight, between the final bell and the results being announced, they were showing highlights of each round, with Joe commentating over what was happening. They were all of aggression by Jon, in spite of the fact that Reyes had Outlanded him 2 to 1 and landed the better shots.

This. The moment the highlights started playing I knew Reyes was about to get robbed. It was weird, felt like watching a different fight than what had just played out

UFC was owned by Vegas mafia kids for 15 years and lately is owned by a bunch of Hollyweird moguls.

You really think mafia kids and Hollywood moguls would be involved in shady shit ?! Next you'll be saying that priests are molesters

Honesty never been the "UFC is rigged" conspiracy shit before but i'm now asking myself the same
Same.

Jones is their only reliable PPV star. McGregor might never be back. At any moment he could go off the rails again, or be indicted for sexual assault. He might not make it the 1 year it's going to take to arrange the Khabib fight.

They've needed Jon Jones badly the past year. If he loses, that's one less reliable PPV draw which hurts their bottom line. I do genuinely wonder if they paid the judges to score a close fight in his favor.

So wait. Rogan was only calling Jones defense on commentary but got pissed off at the judges who gave it to Jones? Makes no sense

The Rogan/Cruz commentary was like they were reading from a script to prepare you for a robbery.

Like a lame Jedi mind trick.

How can two veteran analysts be that stupid and biased? As Reyes dominated the first three rounds, all they talked about was how Jones was blocking punches and Reyes looked tired.

Even my wife was like, "What's their problem? That's not what I'm seeing."

A challenger dominating a long reigning champ would normally be cause for excitement, but Rogan/Cruz showed none of that. They just built up Jones even when he was doing nothing

What else explains this bizarre behavior other than an attempt to bluff viewers into accepting a corrupt decision?
On point! Remeber in R3 when Reyes was lighting up Jones with kicks and strikes for over four minutes and most of what I heard was how tired Reyes was getting, praising Jones for moving forward and blocking a few kicks. Pathetic!

Man I love how deranged sherdog gets when Jones wins. Love it

The Rogan/Cruz commentary was like they were reading from a script to prepare you for a robbery.
The most important rule about conspiracies: The risk of getting caught increases with the number of people you involve.

IF the UFC were to fix a fight - do you really think they would pay off the judges AND the commentators? Do you really want someone like Rogan involved in a lie that could ruin the entire UFC?

Some points to consider
a) Why would Dana say he thinks Reyes won? If the UFC were so damn to reflect Jon in a positive light - that they would increase their risk by involving commentators, would they ruin that by having Dana argue differently? (If you say "oh that's just a smokescreen" then I would argue that invalidates your argument. If Dana could get away with singing Reyes praises so could the commentators)
b) Apparently the commentator's fake script wasn't even that effective since it did not fool you and your GF. So why the heck would they UFC risk getting their conspiracy exposed by involving the commentators? Seems like a high risk - low reward move

Last edited:

How can two veteran analysts be that stupid and biased? As Reyes dominated the first three rounds, all they talked about was how Jones was blocking punches and Reyes looked tired.

A challenger dominating a long reigning champ would normally be cause for excitement, but Rogan/Cruz showed none of that. They just built up Jones even when he was doing nothing

What else explains this bizarre behavior other than an attempt to bluff viewers into accepting a corrupt decision?
Cruz said he thought Reyes was up in the fight... No idea what you were listening to.

Two points to consider
* Why would Dana White now say he thinks Reyes won? If the UFC were desperate enough to pay off the commentators just to reflect Jon in a positive light - why would they ruin that by having Dana argue differently? (If you say "oh that's just a smokescreen" then I would argue that invalidates your argument. If Dana could get away with singing Reyes praises so could the commentators)

Dana trying to shut the hardcore Fans down. No Casual Fan is listening to Dana's post Fight Speech. The Commentators try to influence the Casual Audience.

You don't even need to pay Rogan. UFC is part of his legacy and he would do literally everything for the Business. Rogan is a fake B*tch.

e01128b5e4acf3085e71f8b99e7d516c.jpg
Dude stipes been doing a lot of squats

I had the same feeling - jon following Reyes around missing most of his strikes with INEFFECTIVE AGGRESSION and they're all over his nuts talking about "his pressure and landing hard shots"

And that judges score?{<huh}<Huh2>

I dont think they actively fix fights. But lets say certain fights are in certain cities for a reason and some judges who are known to have weird scoring criteria.
Also the one judge telling Jon in advance He won, is absolutely nuts. That guy should be fired asap.

I'm probably older than most posters on here now...but, I'll say this. I feel the UFC has gotten really stale since the ESPN partnership. I have very little interest now, compared to what I once had. The cards come with too much frequency, and often lack the depth those in the past had. I like to compare the current UFC to post "Black Album" Metallica. Once the ESPN deal struck, they company went full "Load" on us, and continually push the same product over and over and over, as long as it brings in cash. So at this point, to "pre-determine" or give another fighter an "advantage" going in....wouldn't surprise me one bit.

The Commentators try to influence the Casual Audience.
Why would that be so critical that it's worth including them in this hypothetical conspiracy?
There have been plenty of controversial decisions before - in which both commentators, hardcores and casual fans agreed that the champ might be the loser. Like GSP vs Hendricks.

Why would it be so damn important to convince casuals that Jones won even when it was close?
It's not even like we have proof that casual fans will stop buying PPVs if they think their favorite should've lost.
Heck, we've seen with Conor that it doesn't even matter that much if you lose - the casuals just get more excited for his the fight.

I think if Jones lost - they could've just booked Jones vs Reyes 2 and it would've sold even more.

Secondly - would there even have been a problem with the outcome that Jon won on the scorecards but all fans thought Reyes won?
That just means the UFC get to kill 2 birds with 1 stone: Jon is still champ, but they also dramatically increased Reyes stock. This is also a great set up for a rematch.

Last edited:

of course there are a legion of people that are very quick to jump on the FIXED! wagon ....Ive never been like that but Ive always allowed that there is the possibility that is going on and is going on more widespread than we will ever know....there has been a ton of shady shit over time, Wand's threat was really eye opening and I hope one day we get to hear what he was going to say before they gave him his release...

I dont know that this fight was fixed or not....but it was a disgusting decision for a guy that fought and did the unthinkable....

Im also not usually one to even mention bias in commentary as it rarely catches my attention over what Im seeing....but lastnight more than a few times I noticed where they were greasy with Jon's nutbutter

Back