• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For anyone that thinks Usman is above GSP already...

I liked your reply back, I couldn't disagree with you at all. gsp back in his prime had great cardio too and could go all 5 rounds and still had some left in the gas tank, I would say usman may of a slight edge on stamina but not by much.

also I agree usman likely has more punching power. I think he would be a tough fight for gsp but still believe that gsp in his prime he'd still outclass usman. gsp already fought opponents who had power and wrestling so usman really doesn't have any major advantage other than his gas tank.

unless gsp gets caught with a solid punch i don't see any way for usman to beat gsp if they had ever fought when gsp was in his prime...however i do agree that usman is on track in becoming one of the goat ww's but surpassing gsp will take a lot more than what he's accomplished so far.

Prime GSP is a different beast from post ACL surgeries GSP for sure.

Prime GSP was one of the least hit Champs, along with Machida, in history and post ACL GSP became one of the most hit. All because his transition game and explosive TD was greatly diminished such that even Nick Diaz was able to stuff many of his TD attempts. That turned GSP mostly into a striker (which he was very competent at) later in his career when he faced his best striking opponents.

That said I think Usman does give Prime GSP the fight of his career as i think Prime Usman beats Prime Hendricks. Hendricks was very much like Hendo, he used his counter wrestling to land a big bomb punch but his striking game was not very diverse. I think Usman has the same counter wrestling but more diverse striking.

Prime GSP would be the favorite but Usman would be a very live dog.

Just list ALL of his MMA accomplishments, bud. You can literally just find the list and copy/paste. How or why does this seem like an impossible task for you? Do you really not know what that means? Do you not know where or how to find out? What's the issue? Seriously, man. I'm curious as to what you are finding so difficult about listing a public sports figure's accomplishments. What in the actual fuck?

I suggest to the mod to just Dump the thread.

This guy has no intention of simply supplying the list he is asking for and when I try he just says 'sorry wrong'. So you can see how pointless this is.

He is going to continue to troll by posting 'provide the list over and over' when I am clearly saying 'I won't do what you will not do' so this is circular and forever at this point.

it makes no sense for someone who says he knows what elements belong in a list to not provide it, but whatever, he refuses. Its all a troll game. Dump the thread.

I suggest to the mod to just Dump the thread.

This guy has no intention of simply supplying the list he is asking for and when I try he just says 'sorry wrong'. So you can see how pointless this is.

He is going to continue to troll by posting 'provide the list over and over' when I am clearly saying 'I won't do what you will not do' so this is circular and forever at this point.

it makes no sense for someone who says he knows what elements belong in a list to not provide it, but whatever, he refuses. Its all a troll game. Dump the thread.

Lol! There it is, mods! Mark McMichael says to dump the thread. Better comply because he ain't makin no list, and nobody can make him!

Lol! There it is, mods! Mark McMichael says to dump the thread. Better comply because he ain't makin no list, and nobody can make him!

You are simply a troll and the mods need to realize that.

Nothing could be more ridiculous then you demanding a list, that you know the critieria you will accept. You refusing the 1st two I post but telling me to just goolge more instead of you simply supplying them.

You then pretend that 'you not being able to force me to google and keep trying is the issue', when if instead you just supply the list YOU WANT and WILL ACCEPT, we could be past that.

So yes Mod's dump the thread. Fioretti has no intention to supply what he knows, says is clear and easy to get despite the fact he is the one who wants us to use that list for comparison. Or so he says.

You are simply a troll and the mods need to realize that.

Nothing could be more ridiculous then you demanding a list, that you know the critieria you will accept. You refusing the 1st two I post but telling me to just goolge more instead of you simply supplying them.

You then pretend that 'you not being able to force me to google and keep trying is the issue', when if instead you just supply the list YOU WANT and WILL ACCEPT, we could be past that.

So yes Mod's dump the thread. Fioretti has no intention to supply what he knows, says is clear and easy to get despite the fact he is the one who wants us to use that list for comparison. Or so he says.

I will try one last time to explain this to you: I said Jones and Silva were more accomplished than GSP, you said they weren't, and I asked you to list GSP's accomplishments so we could compare. You have refused to list his accomplishments, and have shown to be ignorant of what an accomplishment actually is. Now you expect me to make your case for you, and make my case, but you were the one contesting what I said.

How can you even refute who is more accomplished if you don't know what accomplishments are? The "list I want" isn't some super secret criteria that I've made up. List the fuckin guys' accomplishments, or just concede to the fact that you're not knowledgeable enough on the situation to have an opinion, let alone try to debate anything. For fuck's sake, bud, you're still trying to figure out what an accomplishment is, and where you can find out what they are for each person.

Holy balls this is some crazy ass next level trolling. Dump the thread, mods, he ain't makin no list!

Prime GSP was one of the least hit Champs, along with Machida, in history and post ACL GSP became one of the most hit. All because his transition game and explosive TD was greatly diminished such that even Nick Diaz was able to stuff many of his TD attempts. That turned GSP mostly into a striker (which he was very competent at) later in his career when he faced his best striking opponents.

That said I think Usman does give Prime GSP the fight of his career as i think Prime Usman beats Prime Hendricks. Hendricks was very much like Hendo, he used his counter wrestling to land a big bomb punch but his striking game was not very diverse. I think Usman has the same counter wrestling but more diverse striking.

I was definitely in a bit of denial when it came to GSP post ACL surgery being past his prime. Condit fight was bloody but amazing. However when I saw him struggling to get takedowns on Nick Diaz I knew he was officially beyond his best. At that stage I felt like he was fighting more with his brain and his heart than with his superior athletic ability.

I will try one last time to explain this to you: I said Jones and Silva were more accomplished than GSP, you said they weren't, ..!
YOu don't believe that one bit and you have proved that.

YOu want to say it but never have to prove it. You could easily list the accomplishments list so we can compare yet you refuse. Why?

You tell me to. I list something you say 'wrong, try again', I do, you again say 'wrong try again' and when I tell you to just post the list you say 'no, I am to google it'.

You know the list you want, I don't and yet you refuse to post it. Again why?

Because you don't want to post a list that I then destroy you on by providing the facts that GSP is better in each of those areas. So you want to avoid proof and just stick to your claim.

Back to you now so you can say 'why don't I just google and find what you want as you are not going to post it'.

You are a troll and clown.

I was definitely in a bit of denial when it came to GSP post ACL surgery being past his prime. Condit fight was bloody but amazing. However when I saw him struggling to get takedowns on Nick Diaz I knew he was officially beyond his best. At that stage I felt like he was fighting more with his brain and his heart than with his superior athletic ability.
The strongest part of GSP's game was not his great grappling nor his very good striking, it was his transition game and his ability to read his opponents weight transfers.

An opponent put his weight on to his front leg to plant to try and land a big punch, GSP would see that instantly and take advantage and shoot in and score the easy td.

An opponent shifted his weight to his back foot to better defend the TD and GSP would punch and kick the guy constantly racking up points and damage.

He would switch so seamlessly you would literarily watch the fight drain out of the opponents as they would give up, being unable to use any offense of their own. Over and over you could see when GSP's opponents mentally quit because they were so frustrated. he was near untouchable.

After his second ACL surgery that transition game was almost gone. He was mainly a point strike fighter and very capable at that but also getting hit a lot because of it. He was amongst the most hit Champs in his last 4 fights after spending his entire career as the least hit. That is why he was talking retirement before the Hendricks fight.

The strongest part of GSP's game was not his great grappling nor his very good striking, it was his transition game and his ability to read his opponents weight transfers.

An opponent put his weight on to his front leg to plant to try and land a big punch, GSP would see that instantly and take advantage and shoot in and score the easy td.

An opponent shifted his weight to his back foot to better defend the TD and GSP would punch and kick the guy constantly racking up points and damage.

He would switch so seamlessly you would literarily watch the fight drain out of the opponents as they would give up, being unable to use any offense of their own. Over and over you could see when GSP's opponents mentally quit because they were so frustrated. he was near untouchable.

After his second ACL surgery that transition game was almost gone. He was mainly a point strike fighter and very capable at that but also getting hit a lot because of it. He was amongst the most hit Champs in his last 4 fights after spending his entire career as the least hit. That is why he was talking retirement before the Hendricks fight.

I think he wanted to show he could overcome the bad injury, and win the belt back.. He always said all the right things, but in training he had to know he was NOT the same fighter..

ya i agree pre acl injury gsp was a beast and his td's were pretty much unstoppable....that being said there's nothing usman has that would allow him to beat a prime gsp other than having an edge in punching power.

gsp would get his td's and also have some stuffed, he'd jab the shit out of usman, he'd make the fight a kick boxing or muy tai fight and mix it up....there's no comparison, gsp would avoid all of usman's power strikes, the only tough thing about this fight is usman's cardio to keep putting on the pressure, but i guess everyone keeps forgetting that gsp had a gas tank to go 5 rounds and he was the one controlling the octagon and pace so I don't see usman having any skill set that even equals gsp except his wrestling credentials.

big woopdy shit that usman has more power, not like like gsp hasn't fought anyone with the same or more and still won fairly easily...i think it's been so long that some fans are in shock that usman is this good but in comparison to gsp there's nothing he has that gsp couldn't handle, at the end of the day it may be a tough fight but I still see prime gsp 50/45 decisioning usman.

YOu don't believe that one bit and you have proved that.

YOu want to say it but never have to prove it. You could easily list the accomplishments list so we can compare yet you refuse. Why?

You tell me to. I list something you say 'wrong, try again', I do, you again say 'wrong try again' and when I tell you to just post the list you say 'no, I am to google it'.

You know the list you want, I don't and yet you refuse to post it. Again why?

Because you don't want to post a list that I then destroy you on by providing the facts that GSP is better in each of those areas. So you want to avoid proof and just stick to your claim.

Back to you now so you can say 'why don't I just google and find what you want as you are not going to post it'.

You are a troll and clown.

List em up, kidd-o. I believe in you.

ya i agree pre acl injury gsp was a beast and his td's were pretty much unstoppable....that being said there's nothing usman has that would allow him to beat a prime gsp other than having an edge in punching power.

gsp would get his td's and also have some stuffed, he'd jab the shit out of usman, he'd make the fight a kick boxing or muy tai fight and mix it up....there's no comparison, gsp would avoid all of usman's power strikes, the only tough thing about this fight is usman's cardio to keep putting on the pressure, but i guess everyone keeps forgetting that gsp had a gas tank to go 5 rounds and he was the one controlling the octagon and pace so I don't see usman having any skill set that even equals gsp except his wrestling credentials.

big woopdy shit that usman has more power, not like like gsp hasn't fought anyone with the same or more and still won fairly easily...i think it's been so long that some fans are in shock that usman is this good but in comparison to gsp there's nothing he has that gsp couldn't handle, at the end of the day it may be a tough fight but I still see prime gsp 50/45 decisioning usman.
Ya i am not going to disagree. I think prime GSP should be the clear betting favorite.

I see Usman as a slightly better Hendricks and post prime GSP beat Hendricks in a super tight and controversial decision, that went GSP's way due to the way rounds are scored and points are awarded. I think Prime GSP beats Hendricks much easier and the fight looks far more like the Koscheck fight and Usman looks a little better but not much.

GSP was just to diverse for these guys and we have yet to see the WW division produce anyone like him. I would say Jones at LHW is the closest we have seen to GSP's combination of skills but with Jones getting his TD's in a different way.

Except GSP got KO'ed by a midget who made him tap to strikes. GSP got subbed by a one dimensional wrestler. GSP lost to Hendricks. Not to mention, GSP was the most boring champ ever that wrestle fucks his opponents to decisions wins.

Usman has never been defeated in the UFC.

In other words, yes, Usman been surpassed GSP.

Goats don't fear the next weight class up.

hqdefault.jpg
Unless its against a cherry picked opponent for a easy win............Michael Bisping LMAO.

Usman got choked out by a scrub on a 3 fight losing streak and hasn't avenged that loss.
That was Usman's second fight of his entire career. Do you think Usman would not destroy that opponent now?

Or do you think GSP getting TKO'ed by a midget tapping to strikes was more impressive?

Unless its against a cherry picked opponent for a easy win............Michael Bisping LMAO.
GSP never made that move when Spider was on top. But Bisping? A decade from now, GPS fanboys will be telling what a killer Bisping was.

Ya i am not going to disagree. I think prime GSP should be the clear betting favorite.

I see Usman as a slightly better Hendricks and post prime GSP beat Hendricks in a super tight and controversial decision, that went GSP's way due to the way rounds are scored and points are awarded. I think Prime GSP beats Hendricks much easier and the fight looks far more like the Koscheck fight and Usman looks a little better but not much.

GSP was just to diverse for these guys and we have yet to see the WW division produce anyone like him. I would say Jones at LHW is the closest we have seen to GSP's combination of skills but with Jones getting his TD's in a different way.
Usman will never tap to strike from a midget.

Usman will never tap to strike from a midget.
Except GSP got KO'ed by a midget who made him tap to strikes. GSP got subbed by a one dimensional wrestler. GSP lost to Hendricks. Not to mention, GSP was the most boring champ ever that wrestle fucks his opponents to decisions wins.

Sure but any fighter who has his premier fight in the UFC and is 1:0 has also not had any of those strikes in his career yet.

So do you understand that is not how logic works and how you build a case for someone as GOAT and instead people focus on their career over all record and achievements.

GSP never made that move when Spider was on top. But Bisping? A decade from now, GPS fanboys will be telling what a killer Bisping was.

Bisping was hand picked just as Forrest was for Anderson.

One of the biggest planks in the case those put forth for Anderson as GOAT, when he was still in the top tier, was him stepping up to LHW and his win over Forrest.

So GSP taking on Bisping was, in every way measurable, a much better win for GSP then Forrest was or Anderson. So it took that argument for Anderson's resume and instead made it one for GSP's.

Forrest was an ex champ, just coming off is most viscous KO for his career loss, and suffering from depression and on drugs. Bisping was riding high as one of the most consistently ranked MW in the UFC, and was on his best win streak of his career coming off a massive win over a Prime Rockhold, who was considered a beast, and KO'd him to take the MW belt. Legit.

GSP beating Bisping at his peak with the belt >>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Anderson beating drugged up, depressed, KO'd Forrest with no belt.

That was Usman's second fight of his entire career. Do you think Usman would not destroy that opponent now?

Or do you think GSP getting TKO'ed by a midget tapping to strikes was more impressive?
That is why they gave Hughes that rematch with Hallman as a much more experienced and top ranked Hughes was certainly going to destroy a low ranked Hallman. Amiright?

Sorry but nothing removes the stain of a loss like avenging it dominantly.

you say boring then don't watch him fight....also he was a fan favorite and had huge star power and ppv buys for the ufc when he was on top so obviously many were excited to see him perform, you could say mayweather is boring or you can appreciate his skill set and watch him box technically sound instead of wanting a 1st or 2nd round ko. You could want gsp to get a 1st or 2nd round ko (not likely to happen) or admire his ability to control the fight for 5 rounds and dominate his opponent just based on using a diverse skill set, he could box, use karate, use wrestling, use bjj, use kick boxing, had good octagon and fight iq, sure he had some fights near the end that weren't as impressive but he still won.

every fan is different, but saying stupid stuff like gsp got subbed by a wrestler is like saying masvidal got ko'd by a wrestler in usman....also hughes was a decorated wrestler and his background is irrelevant just like his ability to sub gsp....gsp had no previous wrestling credentials and he learned that skill later when he got involved in mma, got so good at it that he was able to nullify or even outclass others who had credentials....so your comment has no merit.

Back