Folding mountain bikes

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Anyone here had any experience with folding mountain bikes.

Why do you want a folding one ? I’ve neber even heard of that.

Why not just get yourself a good solid brand bike that has a good reputation? I bought this 2006 Kona stuff mountain bike on Craigslist for $200 in absolute perfect condition. Regularly they are often $1000 plus. It’s light as a feather and in the spring and summer I’m on it almost everyday. I’d suggest checking out craigslist. Norco and Kona are both great brand mountain bikes you can find for great deals when you find ads of people who often just don’t use them enough.

627.jpg

I once went on Craigs list looking for a bike and I ended up with @Zer

I haven’t researched them but I’m pretty sure I’d snap one in half if I tried to put it through the stuff my Haro has been through.

If you are just gonna bomb around town and try and look cool maybe it would hold up. But trying a serious trail i think is recipe for disaster.

montague-paratrooper-military-2.jpg
Paratrooper-Airdrop-6x4.jpg

Montague is the best game in town, friend has one and it performs well.

Paratrooper-Airdrop-6x4.jpg

Damn I hope he did not land on it.
Gotta hurt his junk

I read some old bike threads. And this guy knows his shit.

@Merlotte's

Gotta ask for advice later.

He is also an expert on riding saddle less..

Hey! I call it a suspension seat post. It goes up and down!

As another poster mentioned Montague is likely the best value. They remind me of those Klein Mantra's from the 90's.

@therealdope is a cyclist too but maybe only on the road? He might have some insight on folding bikes.

I had one that was cheap. It sucked.

Something weird about an American soldier boasting the name of a German WWII unit. Wasn't it an Waffen SS unit as well?

The ones i was looking at were the cheap ones unfortunately. The Montagues look good and sound like they're the best but i can't spend thousands on a bike.
I used to do a lot of riding many years ago and i had a great little mountain bike, most weekends i go on
50km - 70km rides. Thought i'd better try and get back into riding and get fitter, haven't exercised in years.
The reason i'm interested in the folding variety is that i now live in an upstairs unit so i'd obviously have to take it up and down the stairs and one that can fold up would be great.[and very light.]

The ones i was looking at were the cheap ones unfortunately. The Montagues look good and sound like they're the best but i can't spend thousands on a bike.
I used to do a lot of riding many years ago and i had a great little mountain bike, most weekends i go on
50km - 70km rides. Thought i'd better try and get back into riding and get fitter, haven't exercised in years.
The reason i'm interested in the folding variety is that i now live in an upstairs unit so i'd obviously have to take it up and down the stairs and one that can fold up would be great.[and very light.]
Get quick release axle locks and pop the wheels off and carry the frame in one hand and the wheels in the other

not sure why you need a folding bike but then again, when I rode with TRD last year
he showed up with a folding type road bike and damn near rode the wheels off that thing.
guy's an animal.

Back