FNG Mineev Vs Ismailov II PBP thread

GREAT FIGHT.. so so Glad I got to see it.

What is he saying to Mineev?

Apparently he said you won today but Ill have the last last punch. The he lightly punched and hugged him lol

Not sure if hes suggesting a trilogy. Dont see how he wins. Only shot is completely emptying the gastank in round 1 going for a finish like he almost got the 1st fight.

Apparently he said you won today but Ill have the last last punch. The he lightly punched and hugged him lol

Not sure if hes suggesting a trilogy. Dont see how he wins. Only shot is completely emptying the gastank in round 1 going for a finish like he almost got the 1st fight.

Good at first I thought he was just congratining him, then worried he might be announcing his retirement. But that is the correct attitude "never give up".

Really great showing from Mineev. He doesn't have the best takedown defense but he's got a good enough ground game that it's not as important as it is with a lot of kickboxers transitioning to MMA. Ismailov's gas tank would be a problem against the top guys in the world, not just Mineev. Great talent but maybe 205 is where he should finish out his career.

maxresdefault.jpg

This guy has nasty striking but what is going on with his eye? Is he blind in one eye?

Missed it due to going out with my girl, hope to watch it later. But do the links earlier in the thread work?

Missed it due to going out with my girl, hope to watch it later. But do the links earlier in the thread work?

They might not now, but they've put all the fights up on the FNG YT page now.

Really great showing from Mineev. He doesn't have the best takedown defense but he's got a good enough ground game that it's not as important as it is with a lot of kickboxers transitioning to MMA. Ismailov's gas tank would be a problem against the top guys in the world, not just Mineev. Great talent but maybe 205 is where he should finish out his career.

He doesnt have Bobby Knucks TDD but no one at MW does. His TDD has improved alot after the first Falcao fight. I mean he grappled with the best grappler in his division who literally tosses around and ragdolls LHWs and even HWs. I dont think being taken down by Ismailov means his TDD is questionable. A fresh Ismailov early in the fight takes down every MW in the world except maybe Bobby. Izzy has really good TDD @ MW and Marvin got him down both fights and Marvin does nothing better than Ismailov besides have better cardio.

They might not now, but they've put all the fights up on the FNG YT page now.
All are up, which ones do you recommend viewing. Heard there is a Sabatello/Mamedov disciple somewhere on the card

maxresdefault.jpg

This guy has nasty striking but what is going on with his eye? Is he blind in one eye?
Ya definitely looks like he is blind in one eye. Only in Russia would that get approved, doubt any commission in America would ever allow it tho

Ya definitely looks like he is blind in one eye. Only in Russia would that get approved, doubt any commission in America would ever allow it tho
He is not blind. But he said that his sight in that eye is worse than in other.

Also, I remember reading that he also fights in "pop mma" or bare knuckle bouts and he went 5-0 in last 3 months (in mma/"pop mma"/bare knuckle bouts combined). Not sure and too lazy to verify if this fight was his 5 or 6 in 3 months.

Packed weekend of Russian MMA - bellator had nemkov killing it, you had MAGA losing and there's also Shlemenko fighting today. Next weekend, it's going to be a super star event with Tokov/Minakov/Fedor - an incredible month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back