Floyd's new "apology" to Rousey.

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
In talking with Ladarius Steelman with Seconds Out Floyd made the following comments...

"When I made the "I don't know him" comment about Ronda you have to understand I had no idea about the issue with the transgender wmma fighter.
I'm a man of my word; if I say 'I don't watch mma and I don't even really watch boxing', I mean that. If I don't know these new guys in boxing you think I know these new guys in mma?....

I just hear bits and pieces here and there. So, yeah, joking around I make that "Ron DaRousey, I don't know him" comment in complete ignorance. Everyone gettin' heated at me for saying it. Then it was a few days after that.... I'm going over some things with my finance team and I've got ESPN on in the background. I'm half listening to it and I hear about this transgender woman fighter. I'm still not really even putting things together, I got my head in the clouds with all this other stuff I'm working on.
It was like two days after that my boy Peanut shows me a picture of who Ronda Rousey even is. And I'm like "oh Floyd, you done messed up now, son." Looking at that picture of Ronda and putting that together with the news I heard from ESPN I realize that this is the transgendered fighter they were talking about. I mean, man... I mean, if I would have seen her picture before saying the "I don't know him" comment I would have known that something was up and I would have NOT made those insensitive comments towards Ronda. Making the decision to transition genders is a very courageous thing and I take my hat off to Ronda. It was plain stupid ignorance for me to call her by her pre-op name Ron.
Hearing about a transgender fighter and seeing Ronda's picture it all came together for me. I want Ronda to know that I am sincerely sorry for any hurtful, ignorant comment I made. I wish her the best of luck. I can't even imagine the stigma she must face after making that transition and still looking that much like a man. Ronda, if you're hearing this please accept my apologies.

Inb4 we get swarmed by the heavies.

One day fans are criticizing Floyd for hitting women, the next they are criticizing him for not hitting women. SMH.

Lol... This isn't going away anytime soon.

I wonder if this will illicit another twitter tirade from Fallon Fox? He could have been a little more clever than making a tranny joke though, especially when there are more masculine looking female athletes. If this upsets anyone, they are being a little too sensitive.

Who doesnt know who Rousey is.. plus she doesnt look like a man

Back