Floyd: What makes Ali or Robinson better than I am? That they fought a 1000 fights?

everything in that article he's said already a few times... nothing new

they took risky fights were they weren't the favorite it ain't rocket science

Their legacies are carved in stone. They ducked nobody.
He rubbishes Manny's wins on the one hand; then insinuates drug-use on the other?
And quoting Tupac is old-hat, its been done so many times before!

I thought that guy was going to take a another year or two off? Wish that would include his mouth.

Ali talked the talk, but also walked the walk and fought everybody; he DUCKED no man. Sugar Ray Robinson fought a Who's Who of Boxing Hall-of-Famers.

And then there's Floyd's avoidance list for almost a decade now:

Miguel Cotto
Antonio Margarito
Manny Pacquiao
Paul Williams
Andre Berto
Joshua Clottey
Cory Spinks
the late Vernon Forrest
Kostya Tszyu
Joel Casamayor
Paul Spadafora
Stevie Johnston

When Floyd was 130 lb champ, Prince Naseem was 126 lb champ, yet no fight with
Prince Naseem Hamed
Marco Antonio Barrera
Erik Morales

Why wait till Shane Mosley was almost 40 years old and completely shot before fighting him? Why call up an old career featherweight like Marquez 17 lbs to fight?

Undefeated means nothing if you don’t fight the best prime competition. Not much risk and not much legacy either if you never fight the best prime guys.

Floyd's absolutely avoided the best most dangerous opposition for 9 years; as it is, he's a good boxer, but not a Great fighter. Certainly no All-Time Great like the legendary Pacquiao who's fought the absolute best most dangerous opponents available to him for several years.

Yep, a prime Floyd chose to spent the better part of the last decade fighting guys like:

carlos hernandez
jesus chavez
victoriana sosa
phillip n'dou
demarcus corley
henry bruseles
carlos baldomir

Pacquiao was busy fighting the very best most dangerous prime opposition available to him.

I think he is the best, his skill is just too much. I like his point, which i brought up to my friend who was disagreeing with me about ali. you cant fight like they used to, if you accuse Floyd of ducking, then everyone does it. The only person I say doesnt duck people is Pwill and he just got called out by Serg so now hes ducking I guess. You cant do it like the old timers used to do it. imo I liked it better in the old days and wished it would go back but this is how the sport is.

Yep, a prime Floyd chose to spent the better part of the last decade fighting guys like:

carlos hernandez
jesus chavez
victoriana sosa
phillip n'dou
demarcus corley
henry bruseles
carlos baldomir

Pacquiao was busy fighting the very best most dangerous prime opposition available to him.

lol a slight against chavez that guy was like 34-1 when he fought Floyd. That is a tough list. you can look in hindsight and talk shit but you can do that about pac. Pac does not fight the best out there. that is a fact. He walked away from the Floyd deal and hes the best. Why didnt he fight Raheem after he spanked morales? maybe because he is a fast counter puncher that would give Manny problems all day. Pacs team cherry picks just like anyone else out there. Floyd does it, Pac does.

Fedor has fought competition equivalent to floyd when u compare rankings and people say he's goat and #1 p4p lol love it. And 40 yr old mosley was still top 5 p4p
No.

Fedor beat every HW of his era in Nog, CC, Tim, AA.

Tim & AA were the UFC stars when Fedor fought in Pride and Tim to this day holds the title as the greatest UFC HW of all time.

The only 2 guys who he didn't fight from that era are Randy (who was offered 3 mill for the fight by Bodog but chose to resign with the UFC according to himself) and Barnett (not his fault Barnett failed his drug test).

The fighters he hasn't fought yet are all recent upstarts, no one was talking about them when he fought Tim barely 2 years ago. They don't even have them fighting each other in the UFC and are milking them for all they are worth in PPV buys, why exactly is JDS fighting Nelson instead of Cain?

Anyway different sport so let's not get sidetracked here.

Floyd is a great Boxer but he needs a big win to seal his legacy, i got him in top 20 ATG and if he beats Pac he will be in my top 10.

The fighters enswell listed, he can still fight some of them even now besides Pac.

Ali talked the talk, but also walked the walk and fought everybody; he DUCKED no man. Sugar Ray Robinson fought a Who's Who of Boxing Hall-of-Famers.

Miguel Cotto
Antonio Margarito
Manny Pacquiao
Paul Williams
Andre Berto
Joshua Clottey
Cory Spinks
the late Vernon Forrest
Kostya Tszyu
Joel Casamayor
Paul Spadafora
Stevie Johnston

Prince Naseem Hamed
Marco Antonio Barrera
Erik Morales

Why wait till Shane Mosley was almost 40 years old and completely shot before fighting him? Why call up an old career featherweight like Marquez 17 lbs to fight?

Undefeated means nothing if you don

Miguel Cotto
Antonio Margarito
Manny Pacquiao
Paul Williams
Andre Berto
Joshua Clottey
Cory Spinks
the late Vernon Forrest
Kostya Tszyu
Joel Casamayor
Paul Spadafora
Stevie Johnston

Prince Naseem Hamed
Marco Antonio Barrera
Erik Morales

Undefeated means nothing if you don

14dgd3m-1.gif

I think he is the best, his skill is just too much. I like his point, which i brought up to my friend who was disagreeing with me about ali. you cant fight like they used to, if you accuse Floyd of ducking, then everyone does it. The only person I say doesnt duck people is Pwill and he just got called out by Serg so now hes ducking I guess. You cant do it like the old timers used to do it. imo I liked it better in the old days and wished it would go back but this is how the sport is.

This is a confusing post?

Are you saying old timers didn't duck? Because the Black Murderers Row is notorious for being avoided.. Sugar Ray Robinson openly ducked Charley Burley. "I'm too handsome to fight that man"

..and it's not impossible to accumulate a lot of fights. You just have to want to do it.. Look at James Toney for example.

P.Williams also back out of the Palvik fight twice.

EDIT: maybe it was Palvik that backed out. Someone help me out.

Floyd is the only one using his name in the same light as Ali and Sugar. No one else does.

People getting trolled are going to get trolled hard if they take what Floyd says seriously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back