Floyd Tops Manny and GSP for Best Fighter Award at the ESPY'S

Poor ESPY, they don't seem to be able to differentiate between a Boxer and a Fighter...big difference. And we all know what would happen to pretty boy in a "fight" with GSP.

Last edited:
Poor ESPY, they don't seem to be able to differentiate between a Boxer and a Fighter...big difference. And we all know what would happen to pretty boy in a "fight" with GSP.

Yeah Floyd has great boxing defence but he's no veteran of the 'stand-up war' like St. Pierre.... maybe if Pretty Boy did some work on his 'striking' with The Terror Serra it could be more competitive.

Poor ultimate fightin' fans delusionally thinking that ultimate fightin' is somehow "real fighting"...

To repost something I said about this nonsense about MMA being a "real fight":
This guy you quoted, another perfect example of an ultimate fightin' fan.

If we go by this retard's criteria then MMA isn't even close to a real fight, especially North American MMA. In a "real" fight you don't wear 4 oz gloves, mouth pieces, have cut men in the corner, have rounds, groin protection and a ton of rules.

You can't even stomp, soccer kick, knee to the head of a downed opponent here in North America.

Certain upkicks are also disallowed as is spiking your opponents head, small joint manipulation, strikes to the back of the head and headbutts too.

Yeah that sure is some "real fighting" you got going....

If you want true unarmed combat as a sport, go read the descriptions of ancient Spartan Pankration (NOT Olympic Pankration which disallowed biting and eye gouging just like UFC 1).

What you see is a SPORT where 2 guys are fighting within many rules and special conditions not pure unarmed combat.

Pure unarmed combat as a sport takes balls of steel and involves a lot less of your BJJ blackbelt awesomeness and takedown dry humping (remember fellas, in "real fighting" biting would be legal).

Right.. GSP is 10 times more the fighter yet he almost refuses to engage in any "stand-up" since he was ko'd by a manlet, He'll hold your ass down instead; That's a fighter right there! Good lord, I wish to one day be half the fighter he is in his current state. :rolleyes:

Now I'll be serious, and not a mindless marketing drone. I'm pretty surprised he beat out Pacquiao, I figured that award would be between those two with a popular MMA guy thrown in. I would've bet Pac would've gotten it, Being the p4p number one. Had this been before the Clottey fight I bet he would've gotten it.

Good for Floyd though, I'm guessing it's voted on by the public.

Last edited:
What a joke.
Floyd is a Yank and Manny is a Filipino...there's the reason for that decision, Floyd can't hold Manny's cup...such a shame. Manny is going to take him to pieces when he finally 'mans up' and gets in the ring with him.

Now I'll be serious, and not a mindless marketing drone. I'm pretty surprise he beat out Pacquiao, I figured that award would be between those two with a popular MMA guy thrown in. I would've bet Pac would've gotten it, Being the p4p number one. Had this been before the Clottey fight I bet he would've gotten it.

Good for Floyd though, I'm guessing it's voted on by the public.

The voting is done by public and Manny did win it in 2009. I kind of feel Floyd deserved the edge over manny for there last two fights. I know people are going to hate on Floyd for not fighting PAC but in his last two fights, he fought the number 2 and 3 fighter P4P in Marquez and Mosley. Now bitch all you want bout JMM being too small and Shane being to old but they were rank higher then Cotto and Clottey in P4p list at the time they fought.

The voting is done by public and Manny did win it in 2009. I kind of feel Floyd deserved the edge over manny for there last two fights. I know people are going to hate on Floyd for not fighting PAC but in his last two fights, he fought the number 2 and 3 fighter P4P in Marquez and Mosley. Now bitch all you want bout JMM being too small and Shane being to old but they were rank higher then Cotto and Clottey in P4p list at the time they fought.

True, True. I thought, Considering the people that may be voting for the espy's probably don't follow the sport like You or I, would look at JJM and Mosley as lower quality. Add in Pac has been getting a lot of coverage and to an outsider's point of view with the Pac/May super fight, It's the general thinking Mayweather is avoiding him, At least to the people I talk to that don't follow the sport.

He does deserve it, Persona and all public thinking aside, He is an outstanding fighter. Yes, a real Fighter.

I guess the 12 year old ultimate fightin' fans couldn't out vote the adults.

Your right, strapping on pillows to your hands and hugging for 12 rounds is legit!
You are right, rolling around on the floor dry humping each other without worrying about getting bitten or eye gouged is legit!

You are right, rolling around on the floor dry humping each other without worrying about getting bitten or eye gouged is legit!

at least they can take it to the floor.

"hey bro, no takedowns, mmmk?" is what i always hear in street fights.

at least they can take it to the floor.

"hey bro, no takedowns, mmmk?" is what i always hear in street fights.
They can take it to the floor that often because those things are disallowed you moron.

In a real no rules fight you don't want to be too close to me like a homo or may be ultimate fightin' fans are dumb enough to do that.

The fastest way to end a real NHB fight is a kick/punch to the balls followed by a good punch to the head standing up from a distance.

The most "real" thing that ever happened in the Octagon:

YouTube - Joe Son getting hit in the balls at UFC 4

Too bad those "pussies" disallowed biting and eye gouging even at UFC 1.

Repeat after me "True no rules, unarmed combat as a sport takes balls of steel and less of my BJJ blackbelt awesomeness and takedown dry humping".

They can take it to the floor that often because those things are disallowed you moron.

In a real no rules fight you don't want to be too close to me like a homo or may be ultimate fightin' fans are dumb enough to do that.

The fastest way to end a real NHB fight is a kick/punch to the balls followed by a good punch to the head standing up from a distance.

The most "real" thing that ever happened in the Octagon:

YouTube - Joe Son getting hit in the balls at UFC 4

Too bad those "pussies" disallowed biting and eye gouging even at UFC 1.

Repeat after me "True no rules, unarmed combat as a sport takes balls of steel and less of my BJJ blackbelt awesomeness and takedown dry humping".

So are you really trying to argue that boxing is more legit, but at the same time, knocking MMA rule set because it's not lax enough? Even though you are allowed the freedom to do so much more than you can in Boxing?

Really?

lol.

It's like you are arguing with yourself and you don't even know it... :redface:

When ultimate fighter's have the balls to fight under these rules or lack of them, then they can call themselves "real fighters" and Boxers as "pillow fighters":
"Pankratiasts...must employ backward falls which are not safe for the wrestler and grips in which victory must be obtained by falling...They must have skill in various methods of strangling; they also wrestle with an opponent's ankle and twist his arm, besides hitting and jumping on him, for all these practices belong to the pankration, only biting and gouging prohibited. The Spartans allow even these practices, but the Eleans and the laws of the games exclude them."
Philostratus, On Gymnastics

http://historical-pankration.com/
So yeah, the ancient Spartan Pankrationists were the only "real fighters" going by ultimate fightin' fans criteria.

So are you really trying to argue that boxing is more legit, but at the same time, knocking MMA rule set because it's not lax enough? Even though you are allowed the freedom to do so much more than you can in Boxing?

Really?

lol.

It's like you are arguing with yourself and you don't even know it... :redface:
No retard, i am saying that they are both sports not "real fighting" as you morons seem to define that.

You only see so much grappling and takedown's because things like biting, eye gouging and ball shots are excluded not to speak of a ton of other rules and special conditions (in a "real fight" you won't have rounds and cut men in the corner).

Seriously, how old are you?

Back