Floyd Mayweather NY Times article

It's a poor comparison; Mayweather is better than Robinson and should be compared to true greats like Ray Leonard and Duran.

someone should sue him for abusing that once sacred nickname. im not even sure if mosley is worthy of that title.

I always thought Rashad was a shitty fighter before. But after he started calling himself Sugar I deeply wished he would loose every fight from then on.

I don't think you can use 'Sugar' when your only stand up move is grabbing the guys left hand and pulling it down so you can throw a straight right.

I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way about the SUGAR nickname. It's a title you have to earn. Evans hasn't earned it and there is nothing refined about him. And there are only two, maybe three men that deserve that name. Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, and I, like fight fan, debate giving the name to Mosley, but he's a great fighter. So I can make the exception.

I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way about the SUGAR nickname. It's a title you have to earn. Evans hasn't earned it and there is nothing refined about him. And there are only two, maybe three men that deserve that name. Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, and I, like fight fan, debate giving the name to Mosley, but he's a great fighter. So I can make the exception.

LOL, Sugar Rashad Evans doesnt even sound right.... He couldnt sell it even if he was great....

I dont know if you all saw. WEDnight fights I think it was, Teddy stated that Boxing cant retire numbers or anything but should "retire" the nickname "Sugar"

props great article about an underloved genius who is keepibng our sport alive

props great article about an underloved genius who is keepibng our sport alive

Anyone ever get sick of him comparing himself to Robinson?

The difference between him and robinson, is that Robinson showed he was the greatest with his performances in the ring. He knew that it wasn't just winning that determined how great you were, it was how you won.. Mayweather talks so much because his credentials don't stack up.. so he inflates them with self promotion.

The difference between him and robinson, is that Robinson showed he was the greatest with his performances in the ring. He knew that it wasn't just winning that determined how great you were, it was how you won.. Mayweather talks so much because his credentials don't stack up.. so he inflates them with self promotion.

The difference is that Robinson was a better fighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back