Media Floyd fight (full vid)

the first one was a slip, but ya that doesn't explain how Tenshin flies across the ring with punch caught on the guard.
Watch GGGs fights. GGG is a natural 160 pound fighter who hurts people even when he lands on the guard. Floyd is a natural 135 pound fighter who lost power when he moved up in weight. Its likely that Floyd could hurt a smaller fighter even when a punch lands on the guard. Tenshin is a lot smaller than Floyd.

the first one was a slip, but ya that doesn't explain how Tenshin flies across the ring with punch caught on the guard.

If you’ve ever been hit by someone who outweighs you by a good amount, then you know that’s exactly what happens.

if that was a exhibition, i would hate to see what a real boxing fight would have looked like

Nah he landed, caught him on the end. Looks weird because it's hard to see at first and also his head doesn't move at all after taking the hit. Grazing shot, must've hit him in just the right spot.

I read about it at work but now that I have seen it at home I am even more perplexed by the whole thing. It looks like a man beating up a high school kid that won (if you can call that winning) a competition to get their ass kicked. Was this a Gaki no Tsukai prank?

Poor guy went from promising young talent to "the guy Mayweather molested for fun" within a few seconds

Hope they got there 9 million out of it and that isn't even counting what they paid Tenshin.

I don't live in Japan so I can't comment on the local buzz over there from it. But in America I say it was more or less crickets. I think the lead up of is the fight on or off got more run than when we actually knew the fight was going on and through the fight.

P.S.: Outside of that uppercut it really didn't seem like Mayweather hit Tenshin with anything that hard. I guess we should give a Conor a little more credit if this Tenshin fight wasn't a fix, beyond just being exhibition.

Last edited:
Hope they got there 9 million out of it and that isn't even counting what they paid Tenshin. So lets call it a even 10 million.

I don't live in Japan so I can comment on the local buzz over there from it. But in America I say it was more or less crickets. I think the lead up of is the fight on or off got more run than when we actually knew the fight was going on and through the fight.

P.S.: Outside of that uppercut it really didn't seem like Mayweather hit Tenshin with anything that hard. I guess we should give a Conor a little more credit if this Tenshin fight wasn't a fix, beyond just being exhibition.

I have a friend in Japan now & a guy from Japan on this board both said there is no buzz in Japan

Floyd doesn't normally fight guys 30lbs lighter than him making their debuts.

It's the size equivalent of Woodley boxing with Ngannou.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back