fish pills?

does everyone reccomend the GNC Double Strength Fish Body Oil? so wait im alittle mixed up. what does the efa complex contain? all the omegas including other stuff? and fish oil is just one of the omegas?

Wolverine said:
If you want fish oil the one I recommend is by GNC. It has one of the highest concentrations of EPA and DHA per capsule. It is called GNC Double Strength Fish Body Oil. Also, it is tested for mercury, pcb and other contaminants.

Make sure you take them with a meal.

Wolverine
///

actually.. the efa pills i've seen with the highest concrentration are the Costco brand extra strength.. 180 caps for $12 i believe.. it has double the amount as regular fish oil...

but anyway, i use regular Costco brand fish oil.. 300caps for $7 :D

AND remember to keep them REFRIGERATED!! as omega-3's easily go rancid due to heat, oxygen, and sunlight..

Ruick said:
ouch, i never ate fish with my parents throughout my entire childhood, didnt like the taste =(

If you don't want to get flamed, you might want to read all the posts in a thread before replying.

I have Twinlab Omega-3 fight oil softgels. Says to take 1 tablet per meal, its stats are
Serving = 1 softgel
EPA 234mg
DHA 156mg
Compared to what everyone else takes this seems like nothing. Should i maybe be taking 2 per meal 3x per day? Or two with my first meal and then one per each meal afterwards? Thanks for the help.

codysweet02 said:
I have Twinlab Omega-3 fight oil softgels. Says to take 1 tablet per meal, its stats are
Serving = 1 softgel
EPA 234mg
DHA 156mg
Compared to what everyone else takes this seems like nothing. Should i maybe be taking 2 per meal 3x per day? Or two with my first meal and then one per each meal afterwards? Thanks for the help.
no that's fine the way it is.. the epa and dha look good..

my costco brand is:
180mg EPA
120mg DHA

and i believe that's standard :wink:

Ruick said:
does everyone reccomend the GNC Double Strength Fish Body Oil? so wait im alittle mixed up. what does the efa complex contain? all the omegas including other stuff? and fish oil is just one of the omegas?

You're only after the Omega-3 fats in a fish oil pill, the ones already named, EPA and DHA. Look for the highest standardized mg of that.

Do fishoil softgels have to be refridgerated? It doesnt say anywhere on the bottle about keeping them refridgerated but it seems most people do. Is this kind of like a change your oil every 3,000mi thing? Where if you dont do it you are still probably ok but it is a good idea to do so anyway? Or do these have to be refridgerated. Ive had mine for a little less than a month and they still smell/taste ok(as good as they can) how would i tell if softgells went rancid? Thanks for the info.

codysweet02 said:
Do fishoil softgels have to be refridgerated? It doesnt say anywhere on the bottle about keeping them refridgerated but it seems most people do. Is this kind of like a change your oil every 3,000mi thing? Where if you dont do it you are still probably ok but it is a good idea to do so anyway? Or do these have to be refridgerated. Ive had mine for a little less than a month and they still smell/taste ok(as good as they can) how would i tell if softgells went rancid? Thanks for the info.

u can't.. unless u cut one open and saw it consistency..

it should NOT be watery/runny.. and if it has a fishy taste.. it probably went rancid..

So softgels must be refridgerated? If so you would think they would have put that on the label.

codysweet02 said:
So softgels must be refridgerated? If so you would think they would have put that on the label.
my assumption is they want u to buy more.. putting it in the fridge increases shelf life.. and preserve the omega-3 chains..

just like how proactiv face solution tells u there's no scientific link between junk food and acne.. :wink:

supersudo, thanks for the tip. The pills aren't refrigerated at the store. Who knows how long the supply chain is from manufacturer to wharehouse to middleman distribution to store to consumer. I put my omega3 in the fridge right after reading.

Thanks sudo, also how many times a day should i take it? Ive been taking it twice, is that enough or should i take it more?

Back