• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Fish Oil May Increase Risk of Heart Issues and Stroke

From my doctor friend…

My quick look at the study gives 2 thoughts.

First, the study specifically mention Omega-3 fatty acids, which are the desired fatty acid as they are anti-inflammatory. Omega-6 are pro-inflammatory and some supplements have some of both, the article didn’t clarify if any of the supplements were a combo of both.

Second, the good points that the article makes are that Supplements aren’t regulated and are in majority of cases not nearly as good as getting true food sources. To get enough Omega-3 from fish (the best source) would have to eat at least 3 times a week, but that the also raises risk of heavy metals like mercury. Still clean sources of Omega-3 are the best.

Personally I would not change recommendations based on this study alone, but I will likely look at it a bit closer.

i was doing flax seed oil for the omegas but then just started eating fish regularly

We're taking people at their word, and we may be doing nothing more than establishing a correlation to affluence.
Nice way of saying "Rich scumbags" rule the world and F the plebs.

That's nothing. You guys should really look into dihydrogen monoxide. It's everywhere in our lives and everyone who has ingested this chemical has or will die
Dihydrogen monoxide has destroyed the most lives in human history than any other substance in the world

I heard once Wine helped reduce heart disease . Since then I have started drinking wine and have not looked to see if thats been debunked an I never will.
Guinness used to be given to new mothers as it contained iron .. in Ireland

Literally everything kills you smh

Goddammit, this is potentially upsetting news. I have been taking fish oil daily for about 10 years now. Only this past year, I have been noticing heart palpitations. But maybe that's because I'm getting old? More stress? Who knows.

• Sad
Reactions: 666
Is it possible drug companies don't want people buying cheaper fish oil and to buy their expensive drugs instead?

Goddammit, this is potentially upsetting news. I have been taking fish oil daily for about 10 years now. Only this past year, I have been noticing heart palpitations. But maybe that's because I'm getting old? More stress? Who knows.
I've been avoiding salt, eating fewer calories, and eating food rich in Vitamin K2 with fish oil capsule because it needs fat to be absorbed and trying to eat some Honey Nut Cheerios almost every day. My focus is trying to unharden my blood vessels.

Back