First week back at work

Yunes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I was out of work for a month on short term disability. Compensated at 2/3 my salary (which sucks). I went out on jan13 and came back On Feb 15. It seems I am afflicted with a mood disorder that went undiagnosed for 30 years give or take. (Fucking finally). I am very heavily medicated and most days it sems to do the trick.

Occasionally things happen that pull back into old behaviors.

On jan13 I was take to the emergency room and treated for my injuries; then taken to another hospital by ambalanze (you haven't lived till you've layer in the back of an ambulance crying on the way to the mental ward)

I was there (against my will to a degree) for 8 days. The straight to 3 weeks of intensive outpatient. I started back on monday. Work has been slow which is nice to ease back into.

Well, I've known bipolar people that have gone through exactly that. Glad to hear you're out, back on the horse, and trying to deal with the illness.

Unfortunately, people talk and I can tell who knows what and how much the know(I maybe paranoid who knows88
I'm covered in scars which kinda sucks but I don't like the beach so whatever.

Sooooo....what line of work are you in?

Well, I've known bipolar people that have gone through exactly that. Glad to hear you're out, back on the horse, and trying to deal with the illness.
Thanks dude it's all still very fresh

That sucks man. Keep working at it, lots of people on this site deal with shit like this so there's definitely some support on these boards.

Thanks dude it's all still very fresh

No problem. I've seen people go through this and I've seen them recover well, and recover poorly, based on their decisions after these experiences. You can also hit me up in the PMs if you're having a rough time or want thoughts on anything.

Okay, I'm going to ask, did you try to slash your wrists? I hope you're making this thread as some cathartic statement way to try and get back to 'normal'.

You guys will just put it down to silly woman shit but Wednesday and Thursday I had proper fucking screaming fit nearly smashing the place up episodes where my husband had to pretty much pin my arms up against a wall and hug the shit out of my crying fucking idiot body. Horrible shit going on and PMT does not a good Louise make.

We all do stupid shit. Find your support people. If that's here with us then so be it. Don't ever feel alone.

Pharmacy didn't have my lithiumm..perfecr.
Okay, I'm going to ask, did you try to slash your wrists? I hope you're making this thread as some cathartic statement way to try and get back to 'normal'.

You guys will just put it down to silly woman shit but Wednesday and Thursday I had proper fucking screaming fit nearly smashing the place up episodes where my husband had to pretty much pin my arms up against a wall and hug the shit out of my crying fucking idiot body. Horrible shit going on and PMT does not a good Louise make.

We all do stupid shit. Find your support people. If that's here with us then so be it. Don't ever feel alone.

I have some major scars, been self-mutilating since 10. If I cut anything to end it, it would be the jugular. The night I was admitted I made a bloody mess in the bathroom and walked out with the intention hanging myself in the attic.

Are you in a group setting at your outpatient? Is it helping at all?

Glad you're ok man, stay strong!

The important thing to remember with mental illnesses like bipolar is that you need to stay on your meds. If you take your meds for a while you'll feel normal, don't ever fool yourself into that you've cured the disease and can stop taking the medication. You need something to look at from time to time to remember why you need to continue taking these meds.

Back