First triathlon!

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Big-T, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Big-T

Big-T Guest

Just done my first triathlon, was a sponsered one for kickboxing, about 20 people too part i think, only a small one. 1 mile swim, 5km run and 10km bike ride, did my swim in 29 minutes, my run in 27 minutes and my bike ride in 18 minutes and came first! rather proud of myself, all that swimming has paid off :)

2. sanyo89

sanyo89 White Belt

Nice job! I think it'd be cool to participate in something like that. How long have you been specifically training for it?

3. Big-T

Big-T Guest

I only had like 4 weeks to train for it, so just pushed myself to the limit every time i trained. The run and bike is the bit where everybody competes, if you can get to a decent level of swimming, your sailing away with it, really enjoyed it was a great experiance!

4. Vice

Vice Yellow Belt

Cool, I want to try a couple of those short triathalons this summer. Long term I'd like to do at least a 1/2 ironman at some point, but right now I train mostly for kickboxing.

What kind of bike you got? My cheapness (not fitness) in that area seems to be what is holding me back from actually competing.

5. pittelp

pittelp Smokin Joe belt winner

Great job.

6. ronin0352

ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

Congrats.

7. Big-T

Big-T Guest

Lmao, dont worry about the bike mate, i used my dads SUPER old racing bike, its paint eroded that much that i cant even see what make it is, all i know is its at least 10-15 years old probably ;P As long as you train hard enough its you that wins it, not the bike!

8. bad_coupon

bad_coupon Orange Belt

Congrats!

What kind of swimming was it? Pool, sea, lake? I think I'm going to do something similar during the summer, but a mile in the actual sea seems kind of tough (even if I somehow manage to measure it).