First time you seen the fighter, you knew he would be champion some day.

I predicted that the Strikeforce merger would lead to most Strikeforce top talent winning UFC titles. They either won the titles or were top contenders in almost all of the divisions. I am going to let someone else do the list.

DJ, Cody, Max, Woodley, Luke, DC, Cain, Stipe

Yet to see.. Joseph Morales, Josh Emmett, Khabib

Wrong on.. Dodson at 125, Faber at 135, Fili at 145, Josh Thompson and Gilbert Melendez at 155, Nick Diaz at 170, Mousassi at 185, Gus at 205, Overreem at HW

I'd have to say Tyrone Wooly. We were both about 11. Sitting next to each other at the same birthday party, he was sitting there looking kinda bored playing with that birthday You that you blow into it and it whistles. Then unroll and rolls back up. I, dropped a piece of tomato that i was picking off my sandwich onto the floor, i didn't want the dog to get so I decided to pick it up. Well what I didn't realize was that i had one sitting in the chamber, when I bent down to get the tomato, i ripped a fart that was loud, rancid, and raw.
When I came back up, everyone was looking at us in such disgust.
I pointed to Tyrone with my thumb and shouted "He Did It!"
Tyrone was SO enraged. He threw down his toy whistle, and did a move I think it's a "throat throw". He grabbed my throat and THREW me into the curtains.
THAT'S when I knew he had the makings to be an Ultimate Fighting Challenging Champion!

When I saw Silva vs. Leben I went way out on a limb and said, "I think this guy might be going places."

The first time i saw Cody Garbrandt fight I thought he was the alzheimer

Stipe, remember seeing him against Beltran and thinking to myself this guy will be a champ someday.

There are many others. obvious ones are GSP and Jones.

Me after the fight: "This kid will never be stopped!"
Nova-Imagem.bmp
I was 100% convinced he would never be stopped. When Couture beat him down bloody I was shocked and just couldn’t comprehend.

giphy.gif When i saw Van Damme uh Frank Dux, right from the beginning of "Bloodsport" i knew he would take the championship!

Last edited:
When I saw Joanna Jedrzejczyk beat up Rosi Sexton at Cage Warriors.

Jon Jones absolutely when I saw him fight Bonnar. I told all my friends that Jones would be the champ at 205 before too long.

Erick Silva

Seriously, no joke, and I’m as guilty as flinging the prospect meme around as anyone else, Erick Silva looked like a stone cold killer in his first two or three fights....

Then he hit a wall, that turned out to be a ceiling. A vet very low ceiling.

Who was the first fighter you seen and knew he was going to be champ?

When I saw Jon Jones vs Stephan Bonnar, that day forward I knew Jones would be a champion, and he did.

I also said the same thing for Diego Sanchez. I saw him with insane ground and pound, his wins over Karo and Nick Diaz were impressive. He knocked out Joe Riggs....I knew he would be champion some day...

Then it was down hill. He like many great ground technicians decided to quit doing what brought them to the dance in the first place....became a striker, had some good fights standing and became a careless but EXCITING striker who over time just couldn't contend with the top tier strikers. Lost his chin completely now. Its a shame Diego didn't continue his relentless ground game, I think he ruined his career by doing so.
The Red King

Check the sig. Shogun/Weidman/DC/Cain/Werdum all on there pre-champ days and I believed gold was in the future for all. Get ready to add Khabib to that list soon.

Jones, Cain, DC, Tony.

I was wrong about Diego, Palhares, and Filho.

Back