First time you seen the fighter, you knew he would be champion some day.

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Who was the first fighter you seen and knew he was going to be champ?

When I saw Jon Jones vs Stephan Bonnar, that day forward I knew Jones would be a champion, and he did.

I also said the same thing for Diego Sanchez. I saw him with insane ground and pound, his wins over Karo and Nick Diaz were impressive. He knocked out Joe Riggs....I knew he would be champion some day...

Then it was down hill. He like many great ground technicians decided to quit doing what brought them to the dance in the first place....became a striker, had some good fights standing and became a careless but EXCITING striker who over time just couldn't contend with the top tier strikers. Lost his chin completely now. Its a shame Diego didn't continue his relentless ground game, I think he ruined his career by doing so.

Jon Jones, Machida (yes, machida), I thought he'd be unstoppable for a long time at one point.

Rockhold. Jones.

I saw Stipe in them crocop shorts and thought we had something special. But then, he got finished by Struve and I abandoned that line of thinking. Turns out, I was wrong.

Once this guy hits puberty might as well just give him the title...

i

Apart from Jones, Eddie Alvarez, back in the dream days when he beat kawajiri i thought the kid would go far, he wasn't the underground king at this time he was either called the babyface assassin or silent assassin i cant remember

GSP. Watched him in TKO and was super impressed by his performance...... When he lost to Hughes, I knew he would be the man to take over the throne.

Jones. When he german suplexed Stephan Bonnar, I knew that Jon Jones was for real!

Tony Ferguson. I honestly believed he would be champ when I watched him on the TUF finale.

Me after the fight: "This kid will never be stopped!"
Nova-Imagem.bmp

Jon Jones throwing Stephan Bonner around like a kid was out of this world.

Idk if this counts, but I know Frankie will be a two weight champ pretty soon.

Back