First Round Finishes

he had sandman sleepytime sprinkly dust in those ridgehands he threw
Absolutely, it’s crazy to think he was oversized more than Fedor, even Cormier. I actually think the listed height of 5’9” might have been a stretch, unless he mastered height cutting like Shane did.

Absolutely, it’s crazy to think he was oversized more than Fedor, even Cormier. I actually think the listed height of 5’9” might have been a stretch, unless he mastered height cutting like Shane did.
I always thought he was 5 '8 but he was as wide as he was tall hahahah

I always thought he was 5 '8 but he was as wide as he was tall hahahah
The only time he had a height advantage against an opponent
7939810038_c680594418_z.jpg

sort of....
{<jordan}

I could be wrong but didn’t Pride have 10 min first rounds? I would imagine that would skew the data vs. those who fought with 5min 1st rounds their whole career. All the the dudes TS mentioned are killers indeed but that’s a variable that needs to be taken into account. I think level of competition should be take into account as well. Knocking out an out of shape Rampage, a Chael Sonnen who’s not anywhere near a HW or a washed up Mir should be a part of this analysis.
Multiple things have to be taken into account.

For instance, Igor´s 1st Rd finishes were durin´tournaments on the same night (3-5 fights per night, no time limit).
You´d better save your energy...

Last edited:
Multiple things have to be taken into account.

For instance, Igor´s 1st Rd finishes were durin´tournaments in the same night (3-5 fights per night, no time limit).
You´d better save your energy...
That was some Wild West shit back in the day.

Datsik has 5..7D2DF9F8-166D-41A8-A0E2-3655399E3808.jpeg
KOd Arlovski in his very first fight.

Not 100% reliable, but it gives you an idea...

vlcsnap-2019-01-30-11h52m28s005.png

Meanwhile, Pliev was short & stocky too...

Again, not 100% reliable, they are probably both 5´8-9...

Valery Pliev vs Igor Vovchanchyn IAFC 1st Absolute Fighting World Cup Pankration 12 11 1997.png

Last edited:
Back in Gono's day they fought with ninja claw weapons
They claim Maeda allowed a Capoeirista to use a knife in the ring....
But I presume it was rather an ol´school razor (capoeiristas had some street fight techniques involvin´the use of a razor...)

Gilbert Yvel has at least 32 according to my shitty maths (there's a couple that were probably first round KO's but don't have a round listed.

Only you would have bothered to pull that up. You probably were watching a fight of his when you spotted this thread

Dont ya know by now that...

Loaded?

loaded.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back