First Round Finishes

HHJ

Herbs to Curbs
@plutonium
Reaction score
I did a bit of research and tried to include who have close to 20 or over
I didnt bother checking Travis Fulton,anyway feel free to add,maybe we will find the record winner,who did spend the most time in elite orgs,or just find some interesting discussion in it.
Its interesting to check out when some of the fighters started to slow down,and werent able to achieve such a fast Ko anymore. I noticed Igor wracked up alot of them in tourneys in the ukraine.

Igor Vochanchyn (46)
Fedor (29)
Mirko Cro cop (26)
Wandelei SIlva (24)
Anderson SIlva (19)
Quinton Jackson (20)

GSP has 2 first round finishes.

I didnt bother checking Travis Fulton,anyway feel free to add,maybe we will find the record winner,who did spend the most time in elite orgs,or just find some interesting discussion in it.
Its interesting to check out when some of the fighters started to slow down,and werent able to achieve such a fast Ko anymore. I noticed Igor wracked up alot of them in tourneys in the ukraine.

Igor Vochanchyn (46)
Fedor (29)
Mirko Cro cop (26)
Wandelei SIlva (24)
Anderson SIlva (19)
Quinton Jackson (20)
Fedor re-confirmed GOAT.

GSP has 2 first round finishes.
just because he isnt the GOAT at first round finishes,doesnt mean he isnt the GOAT overall.
Now hush child,before GSP is roused from his palatial Montreal mansion and comes and takes everything you have before vanishing back to comfortable retirement

Yeah just checked Travis Fulton and noone could possibly top him.

213 first round finishes

That is nuts

Yeah just checked Travis Fulton and noone could possibly top him.

213 first round finishes

That is nuts
I mean,we seen mostof the guys he fought should never have been allowed to compete at anything haha

just because he isnt the GOAT at first round finishes,doesnt mean he isnt the GOAT overall.
Now hush child,before GSP is roused from his palatial Montreal mansion and comes and takes everything you have before vanishing back to comfortable retirement

I was being humorous. His 2 losses were 1st round finishes.

Dont you use that Fedor gif on me! how the hell am i supposed to give a pissy troll answer to that beautiful beautiful man!

Reminder: some Vale Tudo scenes had no time limit or rounds, tho...

ahahahah
I'd guess youd say something like that.
Pride's rounds were longer than 5 mins too,but Fedor was putting em in their graves well before 5 mins other than Hunt.

Guys thank you for the share this is actually one of the most entertaining top lists... I haven't thought on this topic too much but it is definitely a topic to think of.

Igor Vochanchyn (46)
Fedor (29)
Mirko Cro cop (26)
Wandelei SIlva (24)
Anderson SIlva (19)
Quinton Jackson (20)
Kinda wish the Russian sparkPlug had more traction with MMA fans of today... Prime Igor was a terrifyingly violent little man.
<{jackyeah}>
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I could be wrong but didn’t Pride have 10 min first rounds? I would imagine that would skew the data vs. those who fought with 5min 1st rounds their whole career. All the the dudes TS mentioned are killers indeed but that’s a variable that needs to be taken into account. I think level of competition should be take into account as well. Knocking out an out of shape Rampage, a Chael Sonnen who’s not anywhere near a HW or a washed up Mir should be a part of this analysis.

Last edited:
Kinda wish the Russian sparkPlug had more traction with MMA fans of today... Prime Igor was a terrifyingly violent little man.
<{jackyeah}>
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>
he had sandman sleepytime sprinkly dust in those ridgehands he threw

I could be wrong but didn’t Pride have 10 min first rounds? I would imagine that would skew the data vs. those who fought with 5min 1st rounds. All the the dudes TS mentioned are killers indeed but that’s a variable that needs to be taken into account.
It as dicussed in this thread already,but since there are various promotions with different rulesets and some are in touraments against not so great competition,its just cool to look at numbers.

Back