First of all, that eye-poke definitely changed

Yeah how? Have you ever been in an MMA fight and got poked in your eye?Bantamweight Francisco Rivera plans on appealing his submission loss to Urijah Faber due to an eye poke sustained moments before the finish.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...lSfDfQ1LHPJE_uxlnNBT7ag&bvm=bv.82001339,d.eXY

SO? what does that have to do with the Jones vs Cormier fight. COMPLETELY different situation.

ALso yes I have been poked in the eye during an amateur mma fight. it sucks. Oh well I still won. I have been at Jackson's MMA since 2008 and fought amateur mma.

It's all part of the game, because apparently you can do it with impunity, as well as clinging on to the top of the cage if you are hoisted up in the air by your opponent.

I think against Gus the fight was stopped numerous times because of the eye pokes even.

Watch the gif and tell me where he holds on to the cage. All angles show he never actually grabbed the cage. He reached for it instinctively but stopped himself before he grabbed the cage.

Yeah how? Have you ever been in an MMA fight and got poked in your eye?Bantamweight Francisco Rivera plans on appealing his submission loss to Urijah Faber due to an eye poke sustained moments before the finish.

Oh, come on!

That is a radically different scenario. In DC vs. Jones a finger brushed DC's eyelid and he milked it like a soccer player to get the referee to put an end to it. It worked and the eye poking was gone for the remaining 3.5 rounds.

Rivera's scenario is completely different. Faber reached out and stabbed Rivera in the eye-socket HARD. Rivera crumpled and Faber, seemingly out of character for him, finished a guy he KNEW he had just eye-poked the living shit out of.

Rivera has a compelling argument to see that decision reversed. The ref didn't see the foul, but it was flagrant. Faber lost some fans that day to be sure (I was definitely one of them).

Agreed that poke changed the fight. DC wan not the same

Back