First of all, that eye-poke definitely changed

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The momentum of the fight! Round 2 DC was getting the best of Jones, but after the eye-poke, Jones was able to deliver that kick to the midsection! In addition, if Herb deducted a point, I think we would have a tie because the last round DC slammed Jones hard! Call me what you want, but after that eye-poke everything changed because how can you fight with a blurry vision? Sherdog posters never been in a fight, so they quickly downplay the eye-poke impact on a fighter!

Anyway, Jones has so many haters because of this eye-poke thing and I'm now one of them! He had reach and height, but still had to cheat to win! That will definitely take away from his legacy no matter what his fans say!

He still would have won the fight. Nice try.

That was the least amount of eye poking activity we've seen out of Jones in ages.

The poke had minimal impact and Herb Dean was right on top of Jones. The pokes completely stopped at that point and DC won round two.

This thread is beyond garbage.

that wasnt an eyepoke. It was a finger laid across the eye wich was closed. DC milked that moment to prevent JBJ EVER trying again in that fight. Wich worked.

The eye poke changed the entire fight. Sheepdog dosent want to admit it but it DID. Jones was losing and CHEATED to keep himself In the game. Not to mention the fence grab

jones won 49-46 so if there was a point taking he woudl have won 48-46. That slam by DC at the end was completely meaningless and no Cormier didnt win the last round.

You suck at math

JBJ is definitely consistent in poking eyes at pivotal points in a match. :icon_lol: Well timed counter by Jones but they don't do any deducting so it will be a staple of his game plan.

The eye poke changed the entire fight. Sheepdog dosent want to admit it but it DID. Jones was losing and CHEATED to keep himself In the game. Not to mention the fence grab

watch the gif. there absolutely was no fence grab.

Rogan was gold: "Oh, and there's the first eyepoke". Clearly he was expecting that there would be more on the way!

That was the least amount of eye poking activity we've seen out of Jones in ages.

The poke had minimal impact and Herb Dean was right on top of Jones. The pokes completely stopped at that point and DC won round two.

This thread is beyond garbage.
I couldn't agree more.

We didn't see any of Jones outstretched hand defense which so often leads to the eye pokes

I agree about deducting a point. Big John got it right.

Accidental = 1 point
Intentional = 2 points or DQ

No more playing around with warnings. Warnings should be reserved for cases which are CLEARLY accidental or perhaps where the other fighter also helped cause it or where it is very borderline.

If you are constantly sticking your fingers out hat is not truly accidental. That is a choice and it is you continuing to do it because you know you get warnings before you get DQ'd or lose points.

That said I'm not so sure it made such a big difference in this fight.

I was waiting for this thread to be made, took longer than i thought.

It did seem to have it's impact on the course of the fight.

TS, you can ease up on the exclamation marks. I'm not deaf.

no ti didnt.

oh and
1MCTEfQ.gif

It's all part of the game, because apparently you can do it with impunity, as well as clinging on to the top of the cage if you are hoisted up in the air by your opponent.

I think against Gus the fight was stopped numerous times because of the eye pokes even.

Back