First Muay Thai Smoker...

VoLTesV

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm gonna be fighting in my first ever Muay Thai smoker in 2 weeks time.
anyone got any good tips/advice? how do you all deal with your pre-fight jitters? I think that's going to play a big factor in whether or not i'm gonna gas in the fight.

anyways any tips and tricks will be greatly appreciated!
thanks.

how long have you been training in muay thai and how old are you? btw good luck!

Just relax and fight aggressive, most guys in smokers do because of the limited time.

If this is anything like the boxing smokers I used to know, the trick is to be the one person there who is sober.

feedback said:
If this is anything like the boxing smokers I used to know, the trick is to be the one person there who is sober.

LOL that would probably do it.

throw the first strike,try to be the aggresor i guess your opponent will be also inexperienced so he wouldnt know how to deal with it,put your preasure on him,throw 2 strike combos,make sure those two strikes in a combo are strong

Get alot of rest the night before..your gonna be nervous..nothing you can do about that. Once you get in the ring..you'll know what to do and all those jitters go away. oh, and Handle your adrenaline

thanks for all the tips and support.

I'm 5'7, 150 (fighting at 140), been training muay thai for about a year now.
a smoker's an amateur, open fight day pretty much.
anyone know where the term 'smoker' was derived from? i remember hearing the story but forgot how it went.

are you going to have to wear head gear, shin pads, etc. for this fight?

Fiction said:
are you going to have to wear head gear, shin pads, etc. for this fight?

yea, head gear, shin pads, and unfortunately chest protectors (for legal reasons?)
i'm 23 btw.

where is this thing being held?

no elbows...the chest protector is required due to some legal reasons so yea...too bad.
throwing knees to the body won't hurt as much so probably gonna throw knees to the legs in the clinch.

you know, i'm just gonna throw out my gameplan out in here and see what you guys think of it.

i have a pretty decent and strong high right kick. so i was thinking of trying to use legkick combos in the first. and repeat in the second rd. and towards the end of the round i'm gonna set up and go for a right head kick.

any advice on how to set up a high right kick? i was thinking of jabbing some then throwing it...or going for the body and then the head (but then again body shots might not hurt due to chest protectors).

edit...you know what forget the gameplan hahhaa. it's probably gonna go to shit anyways when i'm in there.

Back