First Jui-Jitsu lesson today

MMAguy23

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well I got to the gym right when it opened and did my boxing training for about an hour and a half or so, we did hooks and then we sparred with one of his best fighters(he was just working defense and counters mainly). I've only been there 2 days though and doing boxing.

Then a cage fighter who trains there came in and we started talking and he offered to work with me and me and him did it for about 3 and a half hours lol. He said I'm made just for it and that if I keep working with him on the ground and get a good stand up then after football he said he'd love for me to drop weight and put me in a MMA card. He's trained with Hermes Franca before.

He taught me a bunch of stuff. Throws and takedowns, reversals, submissions, and everything. Even worked with me on leg kicks. He said my shins are just like his like really sharp and if I can get the technique down he said they'd be devestating if I land one.

Then we just started rolling for a long time just doing all of it put together and I was in his full guard and I stood up and isolated his leg and fell back and made him tapout with a foot lock he taught me. But he was going easy on me and all that.

He said my conditioning was awesome to. Said I was like the only one who could go that long with him without taking a break or drink and all that. He gave me his phone number and told me to call him anytime.

He even said I was made just for MMA with ground game and all that. I love the stuff.

make sure you keep us posted on your meteoric rise

0/10

sea-world-fail.jpg

Maybe in his next classes he'll show you how to spell it correctly? btw, that's great that he showed you 2836 moves, but you do you think you'll be able to remember how to do them all properly?

Don't get me wrong, im happy for you. It's fun to see people get interested in BJJ, but start taking more classes and have fun with this, you shouldn't be bragging or taking it to seriously after one class.Train and have fun,don't stress it.

I say learn one thing and get really good at it, then take it from there.

lol must have been a really talented guy if you tapped him with a FOOT LOCK ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF TRAINING! lol

O.K.

i mean not to talk shit or nothing but your in Kentucky to begin with... not to many guys out there that are that talented. i mean seriously now...

but none of that is to discourage you bro, ita just to keep you humble is all. seriosuly keep training and prove me wrong! Keep at it, and look me up if your in LA and show me!

"There's nothing worse than a guy that talks a lot of s--- and then backs it up. That's the worst to me, and that's what he's doing. So God bless him for that, but I'll hate him for it. God bless him and I'll hate him."
-Forrest on C.B. Dollaway

hmm...be careful if he teaches you to how to escape the triangle by "checking the oil".

Maybe in his next classes he'll show you how to spell it correctly? btw, that's great that he showed you 2836 moves, but you do you think you'll be able to remember how to do them all properly?

i agree 100%. He should really show you how to spell Jiu-Jitsu!!

I think you should work on your grammar, it would help you be even more awesome.

Seriously though, c'mon man. You're from Kentucky, I'm from Kentucky (I'm the Colonel for chrissakes!) and where and who the hell are you training with for you to tap people on your first day of grappling? Just curious because I know just about everyone worth a damn in the whole state when it comes to grappling.

I'm moving back home soon and I'll put your awesomeness against my secret blend of 11 herbs and spices any day of the week. I'm calling it now, the Colonel will get the tap by cross face chicken wing.

I second the notion that the guy was hitting on you...

I don't think he was getting hit on, he was tapping him. (get it? Yeah pretty lame :icon_twis)

Back