First Jiu-Jitsu Session 🥋

Lucas Hood

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Total Loser Starting Out

Hello everyone.

I've just joined the Forums today after stumbling across them recently.

As the title suggests, I'm a 29 Year-old loser with not much fighting experience.

Reason I'm here is because I got beaten up when I was out and about a while ago.

Couldn't fight or anything.

I just flinched and covered up. I didn't even do or say anything to the guy. He was just out to hurt someone and sadly it was me who he saw as an easy target.

I developed severe anxiety which I'm undergoing treatment for. I was agoraphobic for about 6 months.

I don't want to get beaten up again. At least not without giving the other guy a broken nose for his trouble. Thought I'd start a training log to document my journey.

I'm looking to learn to fight and learn how to handle myself as I don't want to become a victim or a crime statistic again.

I'm in the U.K and we don't have the Second Amendment here sadly, so it's not like I can concealed carry and defend myself that way.

I've signed up for Krav Maga and Jiu-Jitsu both of which I'm starting soon in the coming weeks.

I'm very unfit and thin to a point my cardio is shit due to having illnesses and health struggles for the past 2 years. I've started going on brisk walks to build my cardio up and I'll be adding running in gradually as time goes on.

I'm also getting back in the gym and focusing on my diet to gain some weight. Due to my ill health, I also lost a lot of weight to a point I went on a date recently and a girl said I was 'too scrawny' for her.

So that's my introductory post.

I'm hoping to learn a lot from everyone here and get to a point where I can defend myself in a situation like this again.

I'll be posting on here semi-regular with how my training is going.

Mass-gainer Protein shake cheers to ya! Best of fitness on your forever journey

Update: Sickness, Recovery, Cardio Running, Starting Jiu-Jitsu 🥋

I made my intitial introductory post on the 19th of October:

Total Loser Starting Out

I haven't posted anything since then as I've been sick with autoimmune disease which was affecting my lungs.

A couple of hospital stays, an x-ray, spirometry, Lung Function Test and loads of blood panels later, I was finally cleared.

I started running midway through last month to get my cardio back up to speed.

Finally managed to run 5 K.M in 29:30.

My 2.4 K.M run time I have gotten down to 12:34.

I'm going to keep going and get to where I can.

I start Jiu-Jitsu next week now the Doctor has cleared me to train.

Progress going slow but steady. I'll keep posting on here with how my sessions go.

Last edited:
First Jiu-Jitsu Session 🥋

Had my first Jiu-Jitsu session on Monday the 18th.

I really enjoyed it and I'm feeling positive about continuing the training.

It's the beginner's sessions, so we just covered basics like guard passing etc.

I mentioned to the trainers beforehand that I'd been in hospital and needed to take it easy - they were totally cool. Just needed to sign a medical waiver form. Got told if I needed to sit out, to just sit out and nobody will think any less of me.

Seems like a good environment to train in.

It's Gracie Barra and I know some of the Gracie Barra clubs are a bit 'cultish' and have a bit of a reputation about demanding unwavering loyalty and support, but this place offers regular beginner training, so it's a good start.

I'm gonna go in for my second session likely on the 3rd of January, as that's when the next beginner class is. I've got a cold and the club had Christmas shutdown and combine this with me going back to work, it is what it is. I don't want to become a 'casual roller' so one of my goals for 2024 is regular training, at least 3x per week 🎯

I'm looking at taking up Krav Maga at the end of January/beginning of February too so I get some striking in.

I'll keep dropping in on here periodically and updating my progress. I'm finding it's good for my head and I appreciate the support from like-minded individuals.

Good luck bro and props for putting your goals, training and progress in writing. Physical fitness is a lifelong journey and while you have to start small, with consistency you'll go from strength to strength. You'll also start carrying yourself with more confidence and that alone will ward off most bullies.

I'm wishing you all the best. You'll be a beast in no time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back