First BJJ class...

Have an open mind. Remember that you cannot always see yourself getting better, but you actually are. The analogy I always use is the idea atmospheric pressure. When you are on Earth you can always sense it, but you go to a location with high altitude you will notice it greatly. Same thing BJJ in your classes you might not see yourself getting better, but put in the right environment, say a tourney, you will see how good you have actually gotten. Good luck and keep training.

Yea, one of the guys I was doing drills with would tell be "position before submission" and that to just break everything down in parts and worry about speed later which was very helpful.

I dont want to highjack by any means....

I am interested in starting to train BJJ and would like to learn Muay Thai as well. There are places here in Reno that will teach it all. How many times a week do most of you train?

rjackson89, how often have you been going? And do you feel that you should change up how often you do train?

Mostly because cost depends on how many classes you take and I also dont want to burn out right off the bat.

Thanks in advance

I dont want to highjack by any means....

I am interested in starting to train BJJ and would like to learn Muay Thai as well. There are places here in Reno that will teach it all. How many times a week do most of you train?

rjackson89, how often have you been going? And do you feel that you should change up how often you do train?

Mostly because cost depends on how many classes you take and I also dont want to burn out right off the bat.

Thanks in advance

I going 2 times a week right now. Tuesday and Thrusday for 2 hours classes. Right now I feel that its perfect for me to start. Maybe a couple of months in I'll change it up to 3 times a week or so.

i actually had my first class today and guys with more experience are really cool with rolling with new guys and the guys i was with were very helpful and they told me since i didnt know anything just try to control everything thats going on and subs will come later, funny thing was i rolled with a guy today and it was also his first class but i choked him out twice in a guiltine and a rear naked choke so that made me feel good but then switched partners and got my ass kicked

on the subject of how many days you train i plan on going 2 days a week for bjj and 2 days muay thai, is that too much

i actually had my first class today and guys with more experience are really cool with rolling with new guys and the guys i was with were very helpful and they told me since i didnt know anything just try to control everything thats going on and subs will come later, funny thing was i rolled with a guy today and it was also his first class but i choked him out twice in a guiltine and a rear naked choke so that made me feel good but then switched partners and got my ass kicked

on the subject of how many days you train i plan on going 2 days a week for bjj and 2 days muay thai, is that too much

it's not but everything is balance.

When i was at my prime cardio shape I was doing thai boxing 2x a week and Judo 3x a week, ontop of heavy lifting and my own cardio in the morning.

It's easy to burnout be careful.

~Foz

Back