Opinion Firas Zahabi - "In my opinion, Islam is the only religion with 0 racism"

Anyone can convert to Judaism, so by definition it isn't racist.
At one time in history, Judaism was a missionary religion as well. At least until it became too dangerous due potential pogroms in Europe and the Middle East.

This is going to be a bomb thread.

I just came back from a "moderate" islamic country (Turkey).. let’s just say I don’t want to see what a country like Pakistan looks like.

I’ll never generalize by putting everyone in the same basket, I just find the mentality very archaic and whenever religion and politics collide, it’s never ever a good thing.

I also dislike how religious people in general pick and choose what they abide by. Let’s be loving and compassionate, yet skip the part where we should stone homosexuals.
Turkey is a very nice country. Very friendly people...

Unless you're a Kurd.

We already rule over you. :eek::p<Lmaoo>

giphy.webp

The gentiles have a place in the world to come, under the rule of the Jews.

Small additional detail there.

Just another stupid anti-Semitic bitch that read some other stupid anti-Semitic bitch on the internet.

“In the World to Come there is no eating nor drinking nor propagation nor business nor jealousy nor hatred nor competition, but the righteous sit with their crowns on their heads feasting on the brightness of the Shekhinah” - Maimonides

Shekhinah is the presences of G-d. There are no Jews, Christians, Muslims in the presence of G-d. There is only the righteous.

Jesus and mohammed didnt preach racism. Thats a fact. Most of the islamic scripture people quote isnt the quaran or the sura. Just like most christian racists cant point to a single passage by jesus.

Now Judaism on the other hand makes no qualms about who the "chosen people" are.

Now there's a fascinating statement. According to many Christian denominations, I can't go to heaven because I wasn't baptized.

but islams solution to being gay is to throw them off the highest roof you can find.

religion of peace.

At one time in history, Judaism was a missionary religion as well. At least until it became too dangerous due potential pogroms in Europe and the Middle East.

This is simply too idiotic for words. The Bablylonian Diaspora began in 586 BCE. It would never have been safe (if that even mattered).
The Jewish view on proselytization was set well before Europeans had stopped eating mice in the forest.

But could you even imagine the following?:

Jew: Knock, knock?
Homeowner: Who's there?
Jew: It's Shmueli. The Jewish guy down the block
Homeowner: Shmueli, it's late. what do you want?
Jew: Have you thought about converting to Judaism?
Homeowner: What would that entail?
Jew: Well, you'd have to give up all that good food you like to eat. Camel? Pork? Shellfish? That Veal Parm sandwich...all gone.
Homeowner: That's not so great, what else?
Jew: Well, we'd have to cut off your foreskin without anesthesia.
Homeowner: Uhmmm...I think I'll pass. See you at the block party?

Now there's a fascinating statement. According to many Christian denominations, I can't go to heaven because I wasn't baptized.

which as no connection to the color of your skin or ethnicity .
Not anything to do with race or racism. But hey, reading comprehension ......

Just another stupid anti-Semitic bitch that read some other stupid anti-Semitic bitch on the internet.

“In the World to Come there is no eating nor drinking nor propagation nor business nor jealousy nor hatred nor competition, but the righteous sit with their crowns on their heads feasting on the brightness of the Shekhinah” - Maimonides

Shekhinah is the presences of G-d. There are no Jews, Christians, Muslims in the presence of G-d. There is only the righteous.

all equal other than being the "chosen people".

This is simply too idiotic for words. The Bablylonian Diaspora began in 586 BCE. It would never have been safe (if that even mattered).
The Jewish view on proselytization was set well before Europeans had stopped eating mice in the forest.

But could you even imagine the following?:

Jew: Knock, knock?
Homeowner: Who's there?
Jew: It's Shmueli. The Jewish guy down the block
Homeowner: Shmueli, it's late. what do you want?
Jew: Have you thought about converting to Judaism?
Homeowner: What would that entail?
Jew: Well, you'd have to give up all that good food you like to eat. Camel? Pork? Shellfish? That Veal Parm sandwich...all gone.
Homeowner: That's not so great, what else?
Jew: Well, we'd have to cut off your foreskin without anesthesia.
Homeowner: Uhmmm...I think I'll pass. See you at the block party?
LOL!

A legit lol!

I would however not concede that easy even though the foreskin deal is a tough sell!

You might not be a fan of Jews for Jesus from what I can tell, there sources seem indeed legitimate.
https://jewsforjesus.org/publications/issues/issues-v09-n10/when-jews-were-proselytizers/

Timestamped:

Really insane how such an intelligent and well-read man forces himself to believe into absolute and self-evident falsehoods in the name of the faith that he was born to.

I have respect for Islam but a simple google search can immediately uncover racist passages in the Quran.

It's possible to put those passages into context, to treat them as unimportant in relation to other passages that say opposite things, or have a moderate/modern interpretation of the religion that puts the book in line with 21st century values.... but to say what Zahabi has said here is pathological delusion?

He's also implying here that other religions have traces of racism, since Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, and Buddhism all predate it.

I know from seeing first hand that People who practice Islam are racist even to each other. For instances, Saudis undeniably believe they are descendants of Mohammad and therefore are better than other Muslims. Muslims from poorer regions are treated as second class and are considered beneath even white westerns. Black westerners are typically treated less than poorer Muslims.

Ranking would go:

1. Saudis
2. Muslims from GCC / White westerners
3. Muslim pakis, indo, Thai, India
4. Western blacks / whites from poor western countries.

And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

If Christ died for the forgiveness of sins for that so whoever believes in him should not perish, how is that racist?
My original point was that religion reinforces prejudice, inherently. Meaning, if I don`t believe that Christ was the son of God, then I am at the very least morally inferior to a Christian, in the eyes of a Christian. If religions are split geographically, and for the most part, they are, it isn`t a fantastic leap for this prejudice to lead to racism.
Even if I grant you that Christ was the son of God, and even if He did die for our sins, the fact that lack of belief alone leads to damnation, is enough for prejudice to be inherent

You can actually go back through this thread and see how I answer some other moron. The concept of "chosen" means that the Israelites were chosen to bring the concept of monotheism to the world. It doesn't mean preferential treatment or that we're better or special.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-quot-chosen-people-quot

The old testimant not only condones genocide to non jews, but also condones genocide against those who have done nothing but help the jews who were were in the desert for decades. There is no remorse or shame in the scripture. Dont tell me me that the whole conquest of judea wasnt a series of genocides under the idea that jews were the "chosen people".

My original point was that religion reinforces prejudice, inherently. Meaning, if I don`t believe that Christ was the son of God, then I am at the very least morally inferior to a Christian, in the eyes of a Christian. If religions are split geographically, and for the most part, they are, it isn`t a fantastic leap for this prejudice to lead to racism.
Even if I grant you that Christ was the son of God, and even if He did die for our sins, the fact that lack of belief alone leads to damnation, is enough for prejudice to be inherent
Stop reaching
Of all the abrahamic religions judaism is the most exclusive and closed. Anyone can convert to islam or christianity.
Heck many "orthadox" jews dont even believe in converting to Judaism. I put orthadox in quotes because how are they orthadox compared to the real semetic jews of the middle east? A different conversation in a different day.

Back