Finished Smolov today

Steak**

Red Belt
Reaction score
I just finished Smolov today. I increased my old max by 40 pounds. When I started it was at 245, just got 285 today. It really felt great on the last day to do the 10X3 with 240 and actually finish it knowing my old max was only five pounds heavier.
This was by far the hardest routine I've ever done, my legs felt a new type of sore I've never felt before. I'm so happy I'm done, but very happy I did it.

Cookie.jpg

I just finished Smolov today. I increased my old max by 40 pounds. When I started it was at 245, just got 285 today. It really felt great on the last day to do the 10X3 with 240 and actually finish it knowing my old max was only five pounds heavier.
This was by far the hardest routine I've ever done, my legs felt a new type of sore I've never felt before. I'm so happy I'm done, but very happy I did it.

Are you talking about the 10 week Smolov or the 4 week meso cycle? Either way, good work.

Are you talking about the 10 week Smolov or the 4 week meso cycle? Either way, good work.

4 week meso cycle. I was thinking about doing the full routine, but decided I have other goals other then just increasing squat so I went with the first four weeks.

4 week meso cycle. I was thinking about doing the full routine, but decided I have other goals other then just increasing squat so I went with the first four weeks.

Congrats, I am half way through the 4 week cycle right now and it is going well. 40 pounds in 4 weeks definatly sounds worth it.

Congrats, I am half way through the 4 week cycle right now and it is going well. 40 pounds in 4 weeks definatly sounds worth it.

When I first started I thought the 4x9 would be hardest and the 10X3 the easiest. It ended up being backwards, 10X3 was very mentally challenging, the 4X9 to me was probably the easiest day.

I think i should try Smolov as well... my squat sucks.

Yea it definitely sucked, but I think I put 35 lbs on my squat in the first four weeks. It is hard, but worth it for sure.

When I first started I thought the 4x9 would be hardest and the 10X3 the easiest. It ended up being backwards, 10X3 was very mentally challenging, the 4X9 to me was probably the easiest day.

Before I started Smolov I did the 20 rep squat routine so the hi rep didnt get to me like I know it gets to some. I would still rather do 10x3 any day though lol.

At first I thought this was a thread about finishing the ENTIRE cycle, not just the 4 week meso. I *was* gonna post a smartass remark asking about what sort of test cycle you were running at the same time.

Grats, 40lbs in 4 weeks is nuts.

Back