finding out your no better than the people you look down on

I try to think I am equal to everyone else and treat everyone the same, but it is very hard.

Do you really think you are not better than a crackhead? When you see a millionaire, driving a $100,000 car, does it not make you feel inferior?

I look down on drug addicts. They are scum.

I don't look down on people working crappy jobs though. I don't know their situation. For all i know it could be their 3rd job, trying to support their parents or something.

I'm a drug addict.

I'm better than 98% of most people out there. This is a fact.

I grew up in a household of over achieving Strong willed ego maniacs. My mother in particular was all about image and continually looked down on people that where not educated, accomplished, or well spoken. This was a very challenging thing to overcome. It was not until I hit my thirties that the lightbulb went on for me and I realized mom was nuts and everyone was the same, well maybe not the same, but certainly doing the best they could. The real epiphany came for me when I realized that any good fortune, good work ethic, motivation, Ect....is just a product of some miracle that blessed me, nothing to do with me, if I was born in a third world country struggling to survive, I would be looking to sneak across some border in an effort to make a better life for me and my family.....

Your friend is a hypocritical slut and a whore who doesn't deserve oxygen on this planet.

I just found it an ironic twist...no judgement here; she was just so adamant about people in these positions...the men and the women in situations like this. And she turned into the se person she bashed..making excuses for the guy...justifying her behavior..attacking people who questioned her
or her actions.

This isnt so much a slight to her so much as its people taking a position and finding them in the situation they stood against or criticized; but when judgement comes to them or criticism they start feeling attacked...or so on.

Its just a very real reminder of how quick things change..or how your perspectivebor other peoples opinion of you can change.

An she was so sure she could and would never be one of those people and here she is the very same thing she despised...

She was probably a little naive and the guys were probably very smooth.

Poor kid though.
It's one thing for her to mess her own life, but then it's just terrible that she brought a child into her situation as well.

I used to be a really big liberal who believed everything i saw on msnbc or CNN. Looked down upon not only on those who didnt believe the official version of everything but even regular republicans. Now I am the most right wing person I know and distrust everything in the media

So basically, you grew up.

I had this disc with her because she started excusing his behavior and her behavior; excuses she never made on the behalf of others who made similar poor choices...an ignored rational advice or help.
The thing about advice though, is that even if a person knows what you're saying is sound, they're going to do what they feel like doing.

In terms of relationships, eventually their feelings and emotions will dictate what they do, even if they know it's a bad idea.

With her being an over achiever and having never really had any first hand account of poor decision making, she probably went into all this with the idea that; "these things that screw other people over, can never happen to me."

Your friend is a hypocritical slut and a whore who doesn't deserve oxygen on this planet.

yesjacknicholson.gif

Back