finding out your no better than the people you look down on

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I have a female friend who for the most part has managed to be very successful while avoiding the drama dissapointment and obstacles that seem to be present in many other women's life; her life was not perfect. But she had managed to avoid certain situations and often spoke loudly about the immaturity stupidity aand weakness of women who found themselves in spots like dating a married man...getting pregnant by a guy who wont commit...fighting over a man .. letting a man control her life and so on.

In the past year and a half she has managed to do all these things and let it impact her to the point where her work friendships and relationships with family all suffered; as she dated a married man unknowingly at first...then continued after she found out..caught him lying on multiple occassions...once in bed with his wife...other times on dating sites...has all but ruined her relationships with her family and friends...then got pregnant by this guy who has more than eight kids...not to mention physical fights with various women.

I had this disc with her because she started excusing his behavior and her behavior; excuses she never made on the behalf of others who made similar poor choices...an ignored rational advice or help.

It just reminds me of how you never know what can happen..what will happen in life..we all can get caught up or make bad decisions and end up in messed up situations.

People like to think they are above others...in some regards that may be true; but in the sense that we all mess up...all have shortcomings..we are no better than the next person in alot of regards. Just depends on the circumstances..

Ah, the power of good sex.

She'd just never been with someone with his ability before and is likely never find it again and she knows it. She couldn't rationalize the behavior before because she'd never experienced anything even close.

She'd just never been with someone with his ability before and is likely never find it again and she knows it. She couldn't rationalize the behavior before because she'd never experienced anything even close.

Yeah. Dude had 8 kids for a reason.

Ask and ye shall receive. She didn't understand why women would act like that, so life made her understand.

sex plays a part, but it has to be more than that.

I have a female friend who for the most part has managed to be very successful while avoiding the drama dissapointment and obstacles that seem to be present in many other women's life; her life was not perfect. But she had managed to avoid certain situations and often spoke loudly about the immaturity stupidity aand weakness of women who found themselves in spots like dating a married man...getting pregnant by a guy who wont commit...fighting over a man .. letting a man control her life and so on.

In the past year and a half she has managed to do all these things and let it impact her to the point where her work friendships and relationships with family all suffered; as she dated a married man unknowingly at first...then continued after she found out..caught him lying on multiple occassions...once in bed with his wife...other times on dating sites...has all but ruined her relationships with her family and friends...then got pregnant by this guy who has more than eight kids...not to mention physical fights with various women.

I had this disc with her because she started excusing his behavior and her behavior; excuses she never made on the behalf of others who made similar poor choices...an ignored rational advice or help.

It just reminds me of how you never know what can happen..what will happen in life..we all can get caught up or make bad decisions and end up in messed up situations.

People like to think they are above others...in some regards that may be true; but in the sense that we all mess up...all have shortcomings..we are no better than the next person in alot of regards. Just depends on the circumstances..

http://www.mauryshow.com/be_a_guest.php

LOL at the the thread title.
I'm certainly better than the TS. I know the difference between "your" and "you're".

that's why I try not to judge other people for the mistakes they make in life since I make mistakes all the time.

I do, however, judge the hell out of people who make repeated mistakes and bitch and moan about how "unlucky" they are or how "unfair" life is.

Just depends on the circumstances..

BS cop out.

We all have a choice. All of what happened to her is a product of choice. Your friend is a hypocrite plain and simple. If those were truly the ideals that she subscribed to she would stick to them and none of those things would have happened to her.

This doesn't surprise me as most people lack the fortitude to endure what ever is necessary while sticking to what they believe in. So everything she used to say was just wishful thinking that she felt if she said it enough to others it would become true, but when the chips were down and she was faced with those exact same circumstances she fell off her high horse as many do.

Poetic justice.

or

God's little jokes, (or the universe for Athiests)

I'm not reading that wall of text.

But I used to date a girl who was very snobbish towards a lot of my friends. A lot of the people I grew up with didn't go to college, so she acted high and mighty because she was in college.

She graduated with a masters two years ago, and now she's a waitress. Karma, bitch.

That's why you win when you don't look down at people. You won't make a fool out of yourself in that regard. If you have certain standards to which you place people below you. You always will find someone that will be above you by the same standards and you'll feel like a lesser person.

I look down on drug addicts. They are scum.

I don't look down on people working crappy jobs though. I don't know their situation. For all i know it could be their 3rd job, trying to support their parents or something.

Back