Finally Got my Blue Belt tonight!

You got a blue training "twice a week on and off"? Man, there are weird differences in standards for blue. I got mine after 2-and-a-half years of training 6 days a week, 3-5 hours a day, every week, was tapping recreational purples pretty regularly and had caught browns a few times before I got mine.

Wow, that's borderline ridiculous. I know there are exceptions, but even as a brand new purple belt, I can't imagine a white belt tapping me unless I made a huge mistake (and I'm not saying I'm awesome, I'm just saying it's a freaking white belt we're talking about). I'd say you were long overdue, Einarr. And congrats to the TS, stick with it.

Wow, that's borderline ridiculous. I know there are exceptions, but even as a brand new purple belt, I can't imagine a white belt tapping me unless I made a huge mistake (and I'm not saying I'm awesome, I'm just saying it's a freaking white belt we're talking about). I'd say you were long overdue, Einarr. And congrats to the TS, stick with it.

Damn i agree I can't even touch the purple belts and the brown belts not even gonna try lol. They got must of been an amazing white belt. Thanks for the love guys.

You got a blue training "twice a week on and off"? Man, there are weird differences in standards for blue. I got mine after 2-and-a-half years of training 6 days a week, 3-5 hours a day, every week, was tapping recreational purples pretty regularly and had caught browns a few times before I got mine.

#1: Congrats TS. I know that's a long time to train as a white belt, and I commend your perseverance and dedication.

#2: Einarr and pesadissimo, your experience mirrored mine, except that I wasn't catching purples or browns. In fact, I've still never caught anyone above a 2-stripe blue in a roll unless they were letting me work. Two years and three months.

Exactly my thought, took me 2 years of 5 days a week with 2-3 hours of mat time a day after having a black belt in Judo and after multiple BJJ competition medals.

But I wasn't tapping purples or browns, they are still a level (or two) above me. This goes for the more experienced blues as well.

Last edited:

LOL at near-daily training for 2.5 years being required to get a blue belt. Do any of the great trainers of the sport espouse this standard? It doesn't even sound your own academy really does if you were tapping brown belts as a white belt.

If you read Einarr's posts he's a bad ass...no one can outdo him (in his own mind) and he oozes badassness (not to be confused with BJJ Bitchazzness).

Einarr is both left handed and right handed.
Einarr once taught a german sheppard to bark in spanish.
Einarr has never once walked into a spiderweb.
Einarr does not have a whitebelt side, he has a blackbelt and a stronger blackbelt side for techniques.

Last edited:
Congratulations man. I've been at it for 1.5 years and I feel so close to it that I can taste it. I hope I'm able to start this thread soon and be one-upped by Einarr. lol. j/k.

Congrats again

If you read Einarr's posts he's a bad ass...no one can outdo him (in his own mind) and he oozes badassness (not to be confused with BJJ Bitchazzness).

Einarr does not have a whitebelt side, he has a blackbelt and a stronger blackbelt side for techniques.

lol. Death once had a near-Einarr experience?

Are you trying to say that even Chuck Norris's beard will move itself out of the way to let Einarr sink a choke for fear of his crossface?

Nice.

You're full of malarky.

Back