Films that should have been

I’m still waiting for 28 months later

These needs many likes. I can't believe how old this movie is...Chuck Liddell was champ when this came out to put in to perspective. Whats really crazy is that these movies proceeded the zombie craze that was really big from the Walking Dead around 2010-2014 so you would have assumed the studios would have pushed hard for the third movie.

I didn't say it was perfect, the script had major issues, but like most SciFi movies it can be picked apart.

Obviously the 'collecting spirits' aspect of the plot was the 'fantasy' aspect of the mostly SciFi movie, which is a signature of Final Fantasy, and is linked to the spirits within ourselves, the 'ghosts' from the invading planet/asteroid, and each world's Gia.

You called it a damn fine Sci-Fi movie which I (and mostly everyone else) disagreed with wholeheartedly. The movie is trash. Most people will agree its trash.

But it's okay for anyone to like shit most people don't...

You called it a damn fine Sci-Fi movie which I (and mostly everyone else) disagreed with wholeheartedly. The movie is trash. Most people will agree its trash.

But it's okay for anyone to like shit most people don't...

So you don't have any unpopular opinions about movies that are nearly opposite of the general consensus?

So you don't have any unpopular opinions about movies that are nearly opposite of the general consensus?

Of course I do. The best example is "The House of Dead". One of the biggest fail of a horror game adapted to a movie. I saw this while I was drunk and I had a blast. The shitty acting and the silly plot. Loved it. It's one of those movies I would leave on in the background if it is playing on tv.

The difference is with that cast of actors/actresses and movie budget THoD was not exactly going for any Oscar nominations. This movie doesn't qualify in this thread because there was a very low bar they were trying to meet.

But with Final Fantasy movie there was a buzz leading up to it. It had several A-listing actors/actresses to headline this film. High lofty expectations but shit results.

I am scratching my head in thinking of a movie that had been expected to do really well, was globally rated as being terrible but I ended liking it anyway. Generally if I am on the border with a film I am not usually a first week viewer and if the reviews are terrible I simply won't watch it (in the theaters anyway).

Death Wish with Sylvester Stallone instead of that dog shit Bruce Willis / Eli Roth version.

Instead of any of the Highlander sequels, a Ramirez prequel.

Instead of every Terminator movie after T2, two movies that go from the machines taking over to Kyle Reese stepping into the time machine.

Saturday Night Fever III.

The Godfather III made five years earlier with Joe Spinell and Robert Duvall.

Brad Bird wanted to make a animated called
Ray Gunn
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/82591/animated-movie-brad-bird-couldnt-get-ground
ray_gunn_4.jpg

As a feature film writer and director, Brad Bird has been responsible for some of the biggest box office successes of the past 15 years. For Pixar, he directed both The Incredibles (2004) and Ratatouille (2007). For Paramount, he engineered a fourth entry in the Mission: Impossible franchise, 2011’s Ghost Protocol.

But there’s one film that’s been gestating for over 20 years that, despite Bird’s enthusiasm, hasn’t gotten off the ground: an animated sci-fi noir titled Ray Gunn.
untitled_56_0.jpg

ray_gunn_5.jpg

The project was conceived in the early 1990s with co-writer Matthew Robbins. Intended to be a 2D animated film for Turner Entertainment, Ray Gunn tells the story of the last human private detective hired to investigate the alleged infidelity of a pop singer named Venus Envy. Navigating a world coinhabited by humans and aliens, Gunn finds that Envy is being set up by her scheming husband to take the fall for the murder of her body double.

Last edited:
Jodorowsky’s version of Dune would have been amazing. Not good necessarily, or true to the novel, but amazing.

Everyone has stolen from it.... who?

tenor.gif

And, my, what a co-inky-dink:

If anyone would like to see Jodo's closest approximation, there's a brand new softcover being released for THE INCAL. If you're missing that classic STAR WARS/INDIANA JONES flavor, here's where they got it.

we need more crossover shit like Star Wars vs. the avengers and terminator vs. john wick
I feel the same
Predator Vs. Alien Vs. The Creatures from Pitch
Black
Robocop Vs. Terminator
Godzilla Vs. Gamera
X-Men Vs. Justice League

Not a cross over but I want see the Descent 3

I’m thinking Sly would be Castor and Arnold as Archer. That way we get one or two scenes with Sly being the overly charismatic villain but the majority of the movie is Arnold playing him which would be infiently more interesting.

Back