Filling Punching Bag

Izwar**

White Belt
Reaction score
I just bought a new punching bag, what the hell do i fill it with other then sand. I bought sand and filled it all way but it ended up waying to much 200+ lbs. Its an 80 lb bag so other then like 70 lbs of sand what do i fill it with so it takes up the space of the bag.??? Thanks.

Go to a mattress plant and get some bed stuffing or use old shirts. Put about a 1/3 of the bags worth of the filling and then put in some foam more filling then foam. then more filling. The foam will keep filling from settling to the bottom and making hard heavy spots.

You can also use some chicken feed.

www.SSFgear.com

I've seen some use shredded tires. It works but settles and the bottom feels like a cinder block.

couldnt even hang the dam thing back up, decided to wash the clothes and cut them up

I just bought a new punching bag, what the hell do i fill it with other then sand. I bought sand and filled it all way but it ended up waying to much 200+ lbs. Its an 80 lb bag so other then like 70 lbs of sand what do i fill it with so it takes up the space of the bag.??? Thanks.

my roomate had an everlast bag that was filled with shreds of clothing. I'm talking t-shirts, jeans, what looked to be shredded panties, everything you could think of. You could probably do the same if you got some old clothes on hand, or from a yard sale or something. Would take a while to shred them all.

I just finished filling at 6ft Fairtex banana bag not long ago.

Mine is filled with about 50% rubber carpet underpad, cut up into small pieces....and 50% clothing, sheets, etc... cut up in to small pieces.

I then bought some new carpet underpad to line the bag with (about 1/2" thick) so it would keep a nice shape.

All told, I think between my wife and I we spent about 10-15 hours cutting over a few weeks, but is wasn't that big a chore really when done in small doses while watching TV or a movie. There was no rush for me as I was waiting for the bag to come from Thailand anyway.

The whole thing was a bit of an odyssey, but I'm very happy with the result. The bag is hard enough to condition, but not so hard that it discourages me from kicking it full force.

I'll post picks of my home gym setup one of these days in the near future.

u could go to charity shop and buy old clothes that they can't use and shred them

I just finished filling at 6ft Fairtex banana bag not long ago.

Mine is filled with about 50% rubber carpet underpad, cut up into small pieces....and 50% clothing, sheets, etc... cut up in to small pieces.

I then bought some new carpet underpad to line the bag with (about 1/2" thick) so it would keep a nice shape.

All told, I think between my wife and I we spent about 10-15 hours cutting over a few weeks, but is wasn't that big a chore really when done in small doses while watching TV or a movie. There was no rush for me as I was waiting for the bag to come from Thailand anyway.

The whole thing was a bit of an odyssey, but I'm very happy with the result. The bag is hard enough to condition, but not so hard that it discourages me from kicking it full force.

I'll post picks of my home gym setup one of these days in the near future.

What happened to the pics?

I just gave you your first like, Your welcome

I got scrapes of cloth from a fabric store, but I think they really weren't shredded enough. It doesn't fill that well and leaves small gaps. I have sand in the dummy right now mostly, but it is too heavy especially at the bottom. Shredded paper is good, but it takes a lot of paper to do anything.

Back