Figure-four closed guard

Madmick said:
I really should punish you for such a newb question, but...you came here in earnest.

Yeah, you can still pull guard with the guillotine locked in from the standing position (or once you're already in the guard, although I don't see this happen as often anymore...wrestlers are getting smarter).
How would you punish me over the internet? Impossible.

mogway said:
Dude the anaconda is a submission
The De la Riva is a type of open guard
the omoplata is submission/sweep

I don't know how you can confuse this with a figure 4 guard?

I agree and I second the motion... how can anybody get that confused??? unless they don't know what they're talking about..

TommyHearns said:
How would you punish me over the internet? Impossible.

You're asking for it, white belt.

TommyHearns said:
What does GNP mean? I cant search for it it is under the word limit lol.

Can you still use the guillotuine with the figure four guard? What other attacks are there from a figure four guard.

Thank you for all the help it is appreciated.

I had always thought it meant grap and punch.

Madmick said:
You're asking for it, white belt.

Admit it, you got owned by a white belt. He's right, you're stupid if you think you can punish someone over the internet.

tudor_bjj said:
Some of them call it anaconda, some omoplata, others de la riva. I even heard a guy calling it simply: guard...

Sarcasm, right?

migo said:
Admit it, you got owned by a white belt. He's right, you're stupid if you think you can punish someone over the internet.

Dude, what do you expect, Madmick is the same guy who said his striking coach was better than Bruce Lee.

flyingknee16 said:
Dude, what do you expect, Madmick is the same guy who said his striking coach was better than Bruce Lee.

Haha. I've seen a lot of people banned lately here, too bad Madmick isn't one of them.

mogway said:
Dude the anaconda is a submission
The De la Riva is a type of open guard
the omoplata is submission/sweep

I don't know how you can confuse this with a figure 4 guard?

Im pretty suer he was just making fun of MMAhanzah for calling teh guard an Anaconda...

It would probably be cool to use when putting on a gi choke or guilotine because you can keep their posture down & also twist to an angle which makes moves like the "whip around the head gi choke" more tight. Very technical talk there :D.

Back