Fights you couldn't watch.

Nah.

I watching one of my favourite fighters in Shogun get beatdown for 4 rounds by Jones with next to no offence in return.

It sucks to see but at the end of the day it's a sport. And Shogun is still a badass.

This atleast relatively applies for so many threads.

Most one sided beatdowns.
Fights you were completely wrong about.
Hardest fights to watch.
Worst moment in MMA for you.

God that fight fucking hurt.

Hardest fights to watch.

Very nice. Last thread title there is awesome! The others are good too.

Not that its exactly relevant to your OP,

but seeing Rory brutalize that English guy, forgot his name, was really hard to watch. Probably the first fight since saku/wandy, where he kicks him in the head 20 times, where i felt it was a little too much. He looked like he kept trying to find a way out and rory just kept beating on him

You mean the Che Mills beatdown?

I enjoyed that one.

i watch em all, but i dread the losses of my favorite fighters.... i knew arona was gonna CRUSH saku. i knew cain was gonna CRUSH nog.

i knew nog would get KO'd (completely out) against roy last month. i knew he'd protect himself from the overhand right, and then roy would slip his underrated uppercut through the guard.... nog managed to stay alive until the overhand right put him in the grave. i really wanted to skip the fight, but i just couldn't do it.

Nah.

I watching one of my favourite fighters in Shogun get beatdown for 4 rounds by Jones with next to no offence in return.

It sucks to see but at the end of the day it's a sport. And Shogun is still a badass.

Hardest fights to watch.

Bas Rutten vs Ken shamrock when he broke his ankle
Anderson Silva vs Weidman 1 when he was showboating and got KOed
Anderson Silva vs Weidman 2 when he broke his leg
Heath Herring vs Japanese guy when he kissed him
Mirko crocop vs Gonzaga when he got KOed and his leg was under him
Fedor vs Bigfoot when Bigfoot got on top of him
Shogun vs Coleman when he broke his arm
Rampage vs Wand 2 when he was face down on the ropes dripping blood every where
Mir vs NOG 2 when he broke his shoulder
Gina carano vs Cyborg when Gina got hit badly
Ronda vs Julia Budd When she broke her arm
Johnson vs farmer boy (ex winner of ultimate fighter or runner up i cant remeber) when he got dominated by the power of johnson and got KO cold sitting on the rope was his last fight in the UFC i think it was his 1st fight ever in the UFC too besides TUF
ETC.

Last edited:
I haven't run into any. It's just a sport so if my favorites are fighting each other or if one of them gets brutalized they will recover and live to fight another day.

Severn vs Taktarov. I watched it when it was on but whenever I watched the tape back (yeah, we recorded shit on VHS tapes back then) I fast forwarded past that one. Those knees were brutal. Oleg is one of the toughest guys to ever fight.

most recent Werdum vs Browne. Spring break weekend and i was out of town

Nah.

That fight sucked but I definitely watched it.That was the first MMA event I attended.CroCop got dropped by Schaub that same night.that blew

The first time Vitor and Randy fought, it was tough for me too watch. Vitor had been tearing through people with punches and was undefeated and Randy was also tearing through people with punches and a submission and was also undefeated so I could not imagine how this would end.

For those who did not see this at UFC 15, lets just say that Randy put on a wrestling clinic and mixed in a lot of crisp dirty boxing that just wore Vitor down until he was in almost a fetal position eating knees an punches against the cage until the ref pulled Randy off. Was not even close!

Wow, an older wrestler just shut down the awesome striking machine Belfort was at that time. I was taping it and you could see that at certain point I just stopped recording.

The other one was Bas vs Kevin Randleman at UFC 20. Hated to see either of these guys lose so although I watched it. I really did not want to. No outcome would make me happy in this one. Ok, maybe a draw...no chance...this was a title fight.

Any fights you could not watch for ANY reason?

Vitor vs. Couture 1 is one of my fave fights, A young gun vs. a latecomer. Randy schooled Vitor bad, and showed how effective clinching and dirty boxing is.

Bas vs Kevin Randleman is not that good in my opinion, Randleman took Bas down a lot of times and did no damage, Bas on the other hand attacked from the bottom with punches and elbows, before the fight ended Kevin Randleman's trademark blond hair became red.

And the fight I could not watch and would not watch again is.....

Ken vs. Severn! damn! that fight sucks big time, 15 minutes of circling around.

i wanted to throw my beer at the tv during the bj penn/ edgar fights

You mean the Che Mills beatdown?

I enjoyed that one.

You must have been rooting for the Canadian then. Che mills should not have been any where near that fight or the UFC for that matter. He couldn't defend almost anything on the bottom.

Vitor vs. Couture 1 is one of my fave fights, A young gun vs. a latecomer. Randy schooled Vitor bad, and showed how effective clinching and dirty boxing is.

Bas vs Kevin Randleman is not that good in my opinion, Randleman took Bas down a lot of times and did no damage, Bas on the other hand attacked from the bottom with punches and elbows, before the fight ended Kevin Randleman's trademark blond hair became red.

And the fight I could not watch and would not watch again is.....

Ken vs. Severn! damn! that fight sucks big time, 15 minutes of circling around.

Ken vs. Severn and Kimo vs. Severn = Benny Hill music...yes Houston and Kimbo I'm thinking about that strange performance you two put on also.

Shogun/Hendo 2 was hard to watch. You just knew at any second either guy could land that one punch. Just happened to be Hendo.

It did make me feel sad to see Lyoto look like a dead man when JBJ choked him out and dropped him like a sack of potatoes. That was tough cuz Lyoto is such a classy dude.

Seeing Anderson's leg break was devastating for me. I hated seeing him go out like that... fuck, I wanted to see more.

I didn't watch Silva/Weidman 2 because I was drinking with a good friend of mine that lives out of state. I'm glad I didn't though.

Back