Fights you couldn't watch.

RB777

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The first time Vitor and Randy fought, it was tough for me too watch. Vitor had been tearing through people with punches and was undefeated and Randy was also tearing through people with punches and a submission and was also undefeated so I could not imagine how this would end.

For those who did not see this at UFC 15, lets just say that Randy put on a wrestling clinic and mixed in a lot of crisp dirty boxing that just wore Vitor down until he was in almost a fetal position eating knees an punches against the cage until the ref pulled Randy off. Was not even close!

Wow, an older wrestler just shut down the awesome striking machine Belfort was at that time. I was taping it and you could see that at certain point I just stopped recording.

The other one was Bas vs Kevin Randleman at UFC 20. Hated to see either of these guys lose so although I watched it. I really did not want to. No outcome would make me happy in this one. Ok, maybe a draw...no chance...this was a title fight.

Any fights you could not watch for ANY reason?

Nah.

I watching one of my favourite fighters in Shogun get beatdown for 4 rounds by Jones with next to no offence in return.

It sucks to see but at the end of the day it's a sport. And Shogun is still a badass.

Not that its exactly relevant to your OP,

but seeing Rory brutalize that English guy, forgot his name, was really hard to watch. Probably the first fight since saku/wandy, where he kicks him in the head 20 times, where i felt it was a little too much. He looked like he kept trying to find a way out and rory just kept beating on him

I basically made sure I watched any huge fight live that i was interested in. There are plenty of fights that I will never watch again though...

Cop v Gonzaga
Fedor v Hendo
Wand v Leben
Chuck v Franklin

Hmm, I guess I hate watching legends get KTFO by inferior fighters.

I'll also never watch Houston vs Kimbo again, but for other reasons.

Couture was a beast so is/was Vitor.
I saw ufc 86 live and koscheck ran and ducked under Chris little to a lay n pray decision. Kos blooded Lytle up with the save slimy elbow. Boring fight for Kos and Lytle fans lol!!

Not that its exactly relevant to your OP,

but seeing Rory brutalize that English guy, forgot his name, was really hard to watch. Probably the first fight since saku/wandy, where he kicks him in the head 20 times, where i felt it was a little too much. He looked like he kept trying to find a way out and rory just kept beating on him

Reading your comment reminded me of the Sakuraba vs Arona fight which just brutal! Sakuraba was violently transformed in into a bloody version of the Elephant Man. Did you see that one? I will look for that Rory fight you are talking about.

I couldn't watch Nate Diaz vs. Cerrone for the longest time. Finally did...wasn't happy about doing so. Big Cerrone fan.

The only fight that was actually difficult and not just boring was nog-nelson. I'm pretty indifferent about either one of them, but watching nog stand in front of Roy with no head movement, shuffling like an old man was painful. After he got dropped the first time it became obvious that he was gonna get ktfo.

I basically made sure I watched any huge fight live that i was interested in. There are plenty of fights that I will never watch again though...

Cop v Gonzaga
Fedor v Hendo
Wand v Leben
Chuck v Franklin

Hmm, I guess I hate watching legends get KTFO by inferior fighters.

I'll also never watch Houston vs Kimbo again, but for other reasons.

Did you lose any money on any of these? My friend lost $200.00 on Fedor vs Henderson. He was in rehab, I think he started drinking agin after that.

I have never seen Fedor lose a fight and I probably never will.

5 seconds into Nog - Roy....I just wanted to switch off as i knew what was coming.

Oh and a good percentage of Sakuraba fights.

Reading your comment reminded me of the Sakuraba vs Arona fight which just brutal! Sakuraba was violently transformed in into a bloody version of the Elephant Man. Did you see that one? I will look for that Rory fight you are talking about.

I'm sure i have, i've seen every Pride, but i just don't remember that many, or any, good Arona fights tbh

Royce vs Matt Hughes was hard for me to watch, I knew how it was going to end :(

Arona vs Sakuraba was pretty sad aswell, first time I ever wanted to see a lay and pray decision :(

Shogun vs Bones

there are others aswell, just those off the top of my head.

Mirko vs. Gonzaga

I only ever saw it once.

Royce vs Matt Hughes was hard for me to watch, I knew how it was going to end :(

Arona vs Sakuraba was pretty sad aswell, first time I ever wanted to see a lay and pray decision :(

Shogun vs Bones

there are others aswell, just those off the top of my head.

Royce vs Hughes was a tough one that left me confused. The same Matt Hughes that lost to Dennis Halman twice by submission, comfortably doing whatever he wanted to Royce, was difficult to understand. Agree 100% on that one too.

Back