Fights you’re embarrassed to say you haven’t watched

I know you will hate me for this, but Conor vs Floyd.
You'll be hated regardless to be honest. You know for such a big Conor fan you must not be too interested in his career. It almost makes me think you're not a fan of his at all.

For me, all his albums have a consistent level of excellence. Of course that isn't reflected in sales or in fan appreciation. He's got crazy fans, i used to hang out on the main fan site but i've been banned more than once for getting into pissing contests with his wacky assed fans. i don't know why they are there, they aren't really fans, they loved to tear everything he did apart when he was alive and they still do it.

Dirty Mind was never a favorite, I recognized it as groundbreaking and it was important for Prince in that it liberated him from the teen idol mold they were hoping to fit him into after the success of the second album. But, I was never that impressed with the actual songs. When you were mine is one of his best ever of course, in my top five prince songs but the rest of the album wasn't all that impressive to me. Of course, I know of the reputation it had with critics at the time. In fact, every single album he released was measured against Dirty Mind, some critics would say about 1999, "it's great but it's no dirty mind". I still listen to it trying to find what I missed because it's so highly regarded but i've never been crazy about it. If I rated his albums according to how much I like them, it would probably come in the last 5 along with his debut album and maybe lotusflower. Artofficial Age is a great album and I think it has a couple songs that are about as good as anything he did.

As far as his death, it didn't make a lot of sense to me for a long time. I grudgingly accept the fact that he was hooked on pain pills but I still think we don't have all the info. Insiders have hinted that he had serious health problems and there was some blind item about a celebrity who had aids and was near death, right before Prince died. Many things just did not make sense. One being that he hid it so well. Every musician (or boxer) who fucks around heavily with drugs shows it in a lack of productivity and a lack of being able to perform. Everyone knew Elvis was hooked on shit before he died because he slurred and fucked up in performances. Prince, on the other hand, honestly never sounded better vocally and he played his ass off on the final tour. How do you do that strung out? I guess he was, but it didn't make sense for the longest time. We still don't have the full story. I think he had something like cancer or some degenerative condition, possibly even aids.
What were your feelings on the Black Album?
Made in 1987 but didnt come out until 1994.

What were your feelings on the Black Album?
Made in 1987 but didnt come out until 1994.
The black album was fine, it didn't officially come out until 94 but it was supposedly mass produced and a lot of people got ahold of it, I bought a bootleg tape at the lovesexy concert from some guy selling them outside the venue. Prince created The Time and the character of Morris Day as an outlet of a real alter ego in himself. He didn't seem to have a sense of humor in the early years but that was what he wanted to convey, mystery and darkness. Bob George was one of the rare times where he allowed his goofy, nutty sense of humor out to the public. it was always there but it wasn't what he was trying to convey, Morris and all the goofy shit on the time albums came from Prince.
The story behind the black album was that he felt that his black audience had turned on him and so he made the album out of anger. Then, he had a bad trip on exstacy and had the album pulled out at the last minute. That's one story, probably the true one. The other was that Prince balked when his company said they would not promote the black album if he wanted to release it. Some believe prince was just trying to come up with his own album like Brian Wilson's fabled "Smile" which wasn't then released but had a reputation. He recorded lovesexy in like a week or something and released it instead. Some people point to this period in Prince's music as the point where he lost his golden touch and creative edge. Some critics and fans claimed he put out the wrong album and that lovesexy was a weak album. It wasn't, it had it's problems, the cover, which in those days made many record stores either not carry it or keep it behind the counter, musically, the arrangements were too elaborate, as if to distract form the lack of meat in the song. The sound was also trebly and brittle, i believe that was the first of his albums released from his own Paisley Park studios, some have said he didn't have the bugs worked out yet in the equipement. I still like the album and like many of great albums, if I listen to it for the first time after not listening to it for a long time, it's fantastic. So, at that point, Prince, like any megastar had so many fans and critics paying attention that there were bound to be the same type of factions that any other great artist(s) had.

Last edited:
The black album was fine, it didn't officially come out until 94 but it was supposedly mass produced and a lot of people got ahold of it, I bought a bootleg tape at the lovesexy concert from some guy selling them outside the venue. Prince created The Time and the character of Morris Day as an outlet of a real alter ego in himself. He didn't seem to have a sense of humor in the early years but that was what he wanted to convey, mystery and darkness. Bob George was one of the rare times where he allowed his goofy, nutty sense of humor out to the public. it was always there but it wasn't what he was trying to convey, Morris and all the goofy shit on the time albums came from Prince.
The story behind the black album was that he felt that his black audience had turned on him and so he made the album out of anger. Then, he had a bad trip on exstacy and had the album pulled out at the last minute. That's one story, probably the true one. The other was that Prince balked when his company said they would not promote the black album if he wanted to release it. Some believe prince was just trying to come up with his own album like Brian Wilson's fabled "Smile" which wasn't then released but had a reputation. He recorded lovesexy in like a week or something and released it instead. Some people point to this period in Prince's music as the point where he lost his golden touch and creative edge. Some critics and fans claimed he put out the wrong album and that lovesexy was a weak album. It wasn't, it had it's problems, the cover, which in those days made many record stores either not carry it or keep it behind the counter, musically, the arrangements were too elaborate, as if to distract form the lack of meat in the song. The sound was also trebly and brittle, i believe that was the first of his albums released from his own Paisley Park studios, some have said he didn't have the bugs worked out yet in the equipement. I still like the album and like many of great albums, if I listen to it for the first time after not listening to it for a long time, it's fantastic. So, at that point, Prince, like any megastar had so many fans and critics paying attention that there were bound to be the same type of factions that any other great artist(s) had.
Thanks for the in depth, Prince was a phenomenal artist, I haven't delved far enough but I love 1999 and Purple Rain, and I bet you ran into one of my family while talking to others at the official site, she is an old cousin of mine, owns everything Prince related she could get her hands on, in any format she can, even if it means buying the record 3xs to have Cassette, CD, Vinyl. I kinda hate how much I know about say Metal, but only really have 2 albums by a legend like Prince. Suppose I saved the good stuff for when I got older haha

What the fuck?

A boxing fan who hasn't seen that rivalry is like a Tarantino fan who never saw Pulp Fiction
I know a lot of guys under thirty who “love” Tarantino but haven’t seen Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown. For me he isn’t really worth watching after the first three, except for the scene in Inglorious Basterds that uses the Cat People song.

This thread is kinda like when you say you enjoy something, or have studied something at some level, and the other person is like "oh my god you don't know ____?"

I know a lot of guys under thirty who “love” Tarantino but haven’t seen Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown. For me he isn’t really worth watching after the first three, except for the scene in Inglorious Basterds that uses the Cat People song.
Yeah he's been hit or miss as he gets older but that's to be expected...you can't have A level ideas forever. He's still a hall of fame level director/writer

Those 3 are all among my favorites....Jackie Brown i find underrated too. At least my friends shit on that movie anyway but i like it

I'm embarrassed I haven't seen Menard/Lopez 2, yes I know a fight that hasn't happened yet, but Im embarrassed FOR BOXING it hasn't happened yet. Jesus, don't they know how strategy works? Menard lulled Lopez into the comfort of believing he really "beat" him with that "spectacular ko" (most people dksab) but really Menard was just waiting for the lucrative rematch to return the favor, but boxing is so corrupt they are hiding from Mason now because they know it's over as soon as it's signed. The only thing I can imagine for reasons outside of that is Mason is biding his time so Lopez can grab the belts off Loma, another fighter who hasn't signed the dotted line (ticktock Loma, you aren't getting any younger, can't hide forever), and then when Lopez unifies, Menard is going to spring his well devised trap and take all the gold. Theyll prolly try and deny him his well deserved chance, añyway, god I hate all the redtape in boxing so much for the best fighting the best

You'll be hated regardless to be honest. You know for such a big Conor fan you must not be too interested in his career. It almost makes me think you're not a fan of his at all.
Similar to Tidwell's love of Pacquiao, you're nobody these days unless you have a dedicated hater, it seems.

Thanks for the in depth, Prince was a phenomenal artist, I haven't delved far enough but I love 1999 and Purple Rain, and I bet you ran into one of my family while talking to others at the official site, she is an old cousin of mine, owns everything Prince related she could get her hands on, in any format she can, even if it means buying the record 3xs to have Cassette, CD, Vinyl. I kinda hate how much I know about say Metal, but only really have 2 albums by a legend like Prince. Suppose I saved the good stuff for when I got older haha
The great thing about Prince for me was that he opened me up to a world of music, people compared Around The world In a day to the beatles so i had to go full retard on the beatles. People claimed he was a hendrix and sly hybrid so I had to go listen to them, people said he played rock, so I had to go listen to that, Prince mentioned Led Zeppelin in an interview and I had to listen to every album. I was lucky to be young when he was in his prime.

you didn't like Django? I still think Jackie Brown was his best by far though. I wasn't crazy about pulp fiction or reservoir dogs. True Romance was fantastic and I think that was his script.

I'm a Cotto fan, so I've never been able to bring myself to watch all of the first Margarito fight. I couldn't watch it live and when I heard about the result I didn't want to see it. Since then I've watched parts of it and highlights, but never the whole thing.

I've watched Pacquiao kick his ass several times though, so I think I just disliked Margarito even back then.

I'm a Cotto fan, so I've never been able to bring myself to watch all of the first Margarito fight. I couldn't watch it live and when I heard about the result I didn't want to see it. Since then I've watched parts of it and highlights, but never the whole thing.

I've watched Pacquiao kick his ass several times though, so I think I just disliked Margarito even back then.
margarito is an easy character to hate, his only redeeming quality is his stoicism in taking a beating.

margarito is an easy character to hate, his only redeeming quality is his stoicism in taking a beating.

The ability to take a lot of punches to the face is a pretty good skill for a guy with such a punchable face.

you didn't like Django? I still think Jackie Brown was his best by far though. I wasn't crazy about pulp fiction or reservoir dogs. True Romance was fantastic and I think that was his script.
I thought it was okay, but as the budgets became bigger, and bigger stars started to appear in his films, they lost some of that grind house appeal. There’s a low budget grittiness that can only come with having a low budget, and his later films kind of miss that.

I’ve always wondered what True Romance would have been like if Tarantino directed it. I haven’t seen it in over 20 years but I remember a great scene in which Dennis Hopper delivers a monologue on the history of Sicilians.

I thought it was okay, but as the budgets became bigger, and bigger stars started to appear in his films, they lost some of that grind house appeal. There’s a low budget grittiness that can only come with having a low budget, and his later films kind of miss that.

I’ve always wondered what True Romance would have been like if Tarantino directed it. I haven’t seen it in over 20 years but I remember a great scene in which Dennis Hopper delivers a monologue on the history of Sicilians.
ya, true romance was up there with jackie brown. the uma thurman films were kinda forgettable for me. Django was a must see but not as good as jackie brown. jackie brown is one of my all time faves.

Ward vs Augustus.
Most of the heavyweight fights.

John Ruiz vs Hassim Rahman.

Wait, that’s the one I’m embarrassed to say I have watched. Live. At 5 am.

Back