Fights like Cummins/Cormier and Maldonado/Miocic are unethical.

taking notes from strikeforce. a ko from a mismatch is more entertainning then two skill guys who newtralize each other

I thought Maldonado was gonna be stopped early maybe in te 2nd round, but the outcome was really a huge surprise, him getting stopped so early in the fight. Didn't think that Stipe's power was something Fabio couldn't deal with at all.

Power and much better boxing.

Fabio boxed gassed guys up, with nice touch combos. Stipe had better (at least mma) boxing, and was alot bigger.

Maldonada had no business being in the cage with Miocic and neither of those fights should have ever happened, they are a farce resulting in pointless brain damage.

If you had written this before the fight you would have some clout.... but you stated it post hoc. Ergo, nobody cares what you think.

Add Tito Ortiz/Alexander Shlemenko to that list.

But I must say it's a breath of fresh air every now and then. I watched all these fights primarily because of the mismatches.

Doesn't apply, Tito was a fairly big betting underdog despite the size advantage, that was good match making.

when did MMA fans get so soft? I don't fancy myself a just bleeder by any means, but you all are soft.

It used to be waaaay worse back in the 90s... everything is much safer nowadays with all the equipment and training.

I would guess that a severe head trauma caused by a single bout is not something really common even with fighters' disparities, unless the referee really fucks up or its a really damaging attack, like one of those haymakers landed by certain LHW and heavyweights, which in this case, cannot be predicted.

Barao fought a guy his size.

Stipe fought a guy who's a relatively small, chubby LHW, most famous for the amount of beating he can take. It wasn't as absurd as booking one of the clear best HW's in the world with multiple top 10 wins against a guy with 4 fights experience in the regional circuit though.

When you book squash matches, as we can see from both of those fights, the probability of someone getting severely hurt is high. The UFC got away with it in both cases but the commission shouldn't license such bookings, when someone gets severely hurt because of a wild mismatch its going to be horrible for the sport.

I do agree with you, jusat thought it interesting the odds were so close.

And while on the topic, how big did TJ look!!!
I was sure Barao was going to look massive next to him but seemed pretty similar.

Back