Fights in Boston.. ON A SUNDAY?!

UFC's sold most of the tickets and the reason is FOx wanted it on that day so they can promote it during NFC title game with 60 million people watching.

Main card wont start till football is over.

Doesnt take a genius to figure this out, strange so many dont understand what they are trying to do.

There's gonna be some overlap and emotional fans.. Didn't a San Francisco Giants game run all crazy over the UFCs broadcast?

The game on Sunday isn't on FS1 so it can't run over it. Football OT doesn't have as many crazy possibilities. Fox can't plan that every game is going to have record setting overtime or else they would have a lot if dead air preparing for what almost always doesn't happen.

Was this the worst scheduling in UFC history or what? You always have to consider the Patriots for this time of year. The game is going to completely overshadow the fights. I've heard that it's not sold out yet.. Hmmm I wonder why?? Either Pats fans will get drunk and celebrate the win or get drunk and sulk over the loss.

1) Very few Fight Nights ever sell out full capacity. What they tend to do is release a limited amount of seats and then open up more as they go along (they do this for the Texas shows especially). The fact this one has sold a lot of tickets on a competitive weekend in sports is a big deal.

2) They're expecting it to sell out in a big venue which is pretty impressive given everything involved:

And, as UFC President Dana White points out, even with the head-to-head competition in the Boston area, the UFC is expecting a complete sellout at TD Garden, something that didn

That McGregor fight has gotten more promotion than alot of PPV, its running all day every commercial break on FS1 and the last two weeks during every football game its running non stop.

Luke Thomas @SBNLukeThomas

Games will be over, they will be pushing it during the NFC title game with 60 mill people watching saying after both games at 10 watch FS1 for this McGregor kid.

The arena is almost sold out, only tickets left are the cheap ones, they will be close to a sellout.

Prelims will get crushed in ratings by playoffs but they care about main card and main event, see how many fans tune in to see McGregor.

We'll see what the ratings are, if they do a big rating and main event does a really big rating then it worked. If it doesnt then it didnt work.

Doesnt matter the UFC is too big to fail. When are you guys going to understand this?

The NFL is so big they put their games on sunday mornings. Yes the day when many people attend church. They give no fucks because the fans will still tune into to watch

Nfl players make rugby players look very very slow.

Nfl = A level athletes

Rugby = C- level athletes

American football is the greatest sport on planet earth. The skills, the strategy, the coaching, the intricacies.....such a complex & amazing game!!

Dont like either sport.. But rugby players would eat NFL players for breakfast pal.. All that padding and shit afraid they would break nails.. hahah

Nfl players make rugby players look very very slow.

Nfl = A level athletes

Rugby = C- level athletes

American football is the greatest sport on planet earth. The skills, the strategy, the coaching, the intricacies.....such a complex & amazing game!!

i3OtXsk.png

Lol is this real.. Sounds about right haahaha

How anyone can watch the game is beyond me.. Constantly starting and stopping its BS.. I mean no fluidity to it.. Adopt a good game of real football (soccer) and be happy..

How many 6'5 270# rugby players does one encounter on an average game lol.

Football is the NASCAR of team sports.

There is a reason only 'muricans and Canadians from Prairie provinces watch it...

But it's still a hell of a lot more entertaining than baseball or basketball. Gross.

Dont like either sport.. But rugby players would eat NFL players for breakfast pal.. All that padding and shit afraid they would break nails.. hahah

Being tough has little to do with being a good athlete.

"This statistic, more than any other, is held over the heads of fans as proof positive that the sport of American (a synonym for quality in retail circles) football is one of boredom and inactivity. Even worse for those who might argue otherwise, that "fact" didn't come from some random anti-sports blog or whatever. No, it came from the Wall Street Journal, and since when do they deal in reporting faulty numbers?

The problem with their argument is that, for the "11 to 13 minutes" number to ring true, a person would have to completely and totally fail to understand not only how football works, but just how sports work in general. For starters, they're talking about the time between when the ball is snapped and when the play is whistled dead. In other words, only when the ball is in the air or moving can we consider that actual sports action is taking place. After all, the ball isn't whipping around in the air, so what could possibly be happening?"

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-biggest-lies-everyone-tells-about-super-bowl/#ixzz3OesglsRy

That type of reasoning reflects a flawed understanding of the sport - i.e. one that a cheese-eating-surrender-monkey would have.

Lol is this real.. Sounds about right haahaha

How anyone can watch the game is beyond me.. Constantly starting and stopping its BS.. I mean no fluidity to it.. Adopt a good game of real football (soccer) and be happy..

Not real.

I, personally, don't follow any sports that involve zero physicality. The entire sport is essentially a game of chess played by professional joggers, if you substitute chess pieces for a ball.

Oh you mean handegg

#EuroHipster

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back